Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum

Reply to Insurance with Enrollment Fees?     
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: 5starfinancialhealth is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Insurance with Enrollment Fees? Insurance with Enrollment Fees?
What is up with enrollment fee's? My friend was telling me about a policy with HII and the enrollment fee is $125. Why the enrollment fee? is that something that goes right to the agent? or does that go to the carrier? Why would someone offer a product that has an enrollment fee vs something like assurant with a $25 app fee or GR with no fee?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Insurance with Enrollment Fees?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Insurance with Enrollment Fees? Re: Insurance with Enrollment Fees?
I don't know who HII is, but typically when you see a fee like that, it's attached to a limited benefit plan, MLM structure agent system, where the upline agent gets that $125. Your friend is getting sucked into their web

Originally Posted by 5starfinancialhealth View Post
What is up with enrollment fee's? My friend was telling me about a policy with HII and the enrollment fee is $125. Why the enrollment fee? is that something that goes right to the agent? or does that go to the carrier? Why would someone offer a product that has an enrollment fee vs something like assurant with a $25 app fee or GR with no fee?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Super Genius

Insurance with Enrollment Fees? Re: Insurance with Enrollment Fees? 5starfinancialhealth is the thread starter for: Insurance with Enrollment Fees?

Originally Posted by Yagents View Post
I don't know who HII is, but typically when you see a fee like that, it's attached to a limited benefit plan, MLM structure agent system, where the upline agent gets that $125. Your friend is getting sucked into their web
I figured it was something weird like that. Hii is health insurance innovations. they are similar to assurant
Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Guru

State: Yagents is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Yagents is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
It looks as if they sell Short term major medical only.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Two plus 5 is equal to I agree to forum rules 

Old 04-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Super Genius

State: junkman is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Originally Posted by 5starfinancialhealth View Post
I figured it was something weird like that. Hii is health insurance innovations. they are similar to assurant
They are not similar to Assurant. Assurant will pay claims and doesn't charge some ridiculous amount to sign their paperwork.

No need to consider doing business with someone like Hii. Clients are too valuable to recommend something like that.

Edit (personal opinion FWIW): Self funded trusts and associations go out of business leaving the ill without coverage and possibly with unpaid claims. Don't walk away, Run.

Last edited by junkman; 04-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Super Genius

Insurance with Enrollment Fees? Re: Insurance with Enrollment Fees? 5starfinancialhealth is the thread starter for: Insurance with Enrollment Fees?

Originally Posted by junkman View Post
They are not similar to Assurant. Assurant will pay claims and doesn't charge some ridiculous amount to sign their paperwork.

No need to consider doing business with someone like Hii. Clients are too valuable to recommend something like that.

Edit (personal opinion FWIW): Self funded trusts and associations go out of business leaving the ill without coverage and possibly with unpaid claims. Don't walk away, Run.
Thanks. I will take your advice. I thought the company seemed shady from the get go
Reply to Insurance with Enrollment Fees? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum