Layed Off, Need Temporary Insurance

Get an ACA plan if your income is low enough to get a subsidy. See whether Farm Bureau writes the UHC administered underwritten plan in CO. Rates are online. Alternatively, and in addition, look at the UHC STM.

Those would be my preference in order of preference. The underwritten HDHP is the best of all of them if you can pass underwriting. The ACA tax penalty may also play into the equation depending on your income and the price of ACA plans in your area.

There is no money in selling any of these plans and any agent that helps will be doing it out of the goodness of their heart. Be sure to thank them and don't be a pita.

UHC STMs are not available in Colorado.

Get an ACA plan if your income is low enough to get a subsidy. See whether Farm Bureau writes the UHC administered underwritten plan in CO. Rates are online. Alternatively, and in addition, look at the UHC STM.

Those would be my preference in order of preference. The underwritten HDHP is the best of all of them if you can pass underwriting. The ACA tax penalty may also play into the equation depending on your income and the price of ACA plans in your area.

There is no money in selling any of these plans and any agent that helps will be doing it out of the goodness of their heart. Be sure to thank them and don't be a pita.

Just an fyi- Colorado is not on the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (aka Healthcare.gov). You'd have to go to Connect for Health Colorado - Colorado's Health Insurance Marketplace to get ACA coverage, which I would agree is your best bet for a family, especially if you have a SEP of being laid off.

If that doesn't work for some reason, I'd say Short Term Med is your best option, but I know for a fact that UnitedHealthcare, and HIIQuote, the two biggest STM carriers, do not sell plans in Colorado. Maybe IHC or HCC do? Not sure. Hope this helps!

Back