Medico Vision Dental Hearing

sodaytongal

Expert
Anyone familiar with this plan? How does it compare to other stand alone plans and what are the waiting periods.
Thanks.

Medico DVH is a very good plan. Insureds can go to any provider as benefits are paid directly to policyholder. They have a $100 per cal year deductible then pay 60% of covered charges 1st yr, 70% 2nd yr & 80% 3rd and thereafter up to a max of either $1,000 or $1,500 depending on plan selected. There is a 6 mos wait for root canals, 1 yr for dentures, crowns, hearing aids. After 3 mos on the plan they will kick in an extra $50 toward the first cleaning. They will do this once per year.

Medico has been bought by American Republic. Rumor has it that changes may be made that will not be favorable for the policy holders.

They have announced a 19% premium increase. I believe it will be effective 4/1/12.

UCT has a much better deal. Anyone who is interested in more information give me a call, 573.544.4091.

Medico has been bought by American Republic. Rumor has it that changes may be made that will not be favorable for the policy holders.

They have announced a 19% premium increase. I believe it will be effective 4/1/12.

UCT has a much better deal. Anyone who is interested in more information give me a call, 573.544.4091.

A little correction to apply here.... American Enterprise Group bought out Medico. (American Republic, the Med Sup company, is also owned by American Enterprise.)

The changes are corporate financial only, Medico will still operate the same way, but they did change the DVH plan, dropping the old one in favor of a few improvements (IMO).

The rate changes affect the old policy holders the most, with the new plan rates about the same as the old plan rate before the rate increase. (It appears this is a tactic to urge current policyholders to choose the new plan.) The old plan remains renewable for life....

The rate increase for the old plan varies by state. In KS it is 12%.... other states up to 19%.

Back