Online Sales - Agent of Record Issue

G

So a lot of people sell online here. Any issues with any carrier not giving you credit? We have had a couple and wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. No explanation from the carrier as to how it happened, just that they "would fix it" and credit us.

BTW the carrier that has done this to us aren't very savvy at the online thing, like H1 or UHC for example. I am beginning to think they are deliberately stealing clients from us or they just don't care if they get it right or wrong. We would never be able to tell if someone decided to apply online through our website without contacting us first.

I see it all of the time. And I'm sure that there are many instances of customers that have accidentally applied direct after I spoke with them a few times.

Agreed. This particular one insists he used our link. We had another one earlier in the summer who said the same thing. They could both be mistaken of course. The ones who call you and pick your brain then go direct happen all the time too. Don't know what they are thinking as we always tell them the price is the same.

Forgot to mention, this company does a lot of manual entry after the app is submitted, or so we have been told. Plus they are suddenly selling direct here, something they haven't done in GA in the past, but they do in other states.

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably happens more often then I am aware of. Some, like H1 and KP, are relatively easy to rectify.

Blue requires a letter from God.

Biggest headaches came from Aetna (when I was still writing business with them) and always Blue.

It probably happens more often then I am aware of. Some, like H1 and KP, are relatively easy to rectify.

Biggest headaches came from Aetna (when I was still writing business with them) and always Blue.

Aetna was the worst. I know you're not a fan, but have you heard if C1 is now selling direct in GA?

No, did not know C1 was selling direct but it would not surprise me. All the carriers are trying their hand at direct sales. Other than Blue, Humana has the best chance at making it work.

Still, Humana get's over 80% of their under 65 major med from brokers. Blue get's around 60%, the other carriers 10% or less.

They will miss us when we are gone.

No, did not know C1 was selling direct but it would not surprise me.

I'm not sure if they are or not either, just wondering if you knew. Haven't seen them advertise direct but you can go on their website and apply direct so I just figured they are now.

Just keep in mind that when writing for Blue Cross, anything that goes wrong, WILL be your fault.
They are God....They as much as told me so.

Back