Outside the Exchange

pahealthquotes

Guru
1000 Post Club
may be the key to this entire mess. I understand individuals and families will be able to purchase outside the exchange.

The question is will they still qualify for the Gubment subsidy?:skeptical:

I might be one taco short of a combo meal but I know one thing, agents need to stop wondering so much about these what ifs. It is wasted energy and I'm guilty of it as well. The best thing you can do is prospect and write business then roll with the punches as they come.
In the mean time rather than spending energy wondering about the what ifs, learn another aspect of the business. Whether the what ifs come to be or not, if you are not 'somewhat' diverse, you aren't going to make it IMO.

may be the key to this entire mess. I understand individuals and families will be able to purchase outside the exchange.

The question is will they still qualify for the Gubment subsidy?:skeptical:

PA.. Look man, I do not wish to get into a pee pee contest with you as you have with so many on here... i have made a chosen decision to stay out of your throwdowns with other members... however...Dude, one question... Have you read the 2000 page law? several of the question you are asking in prior post and this one are well spelled out.... NO if you are outside the exchange there is no free gift(subsidy)

I know the law is a bitch to read.... i replaced the sports page for the health law when i was on the head after the law was signed by the racist prez.

OB1 - You are so right, my production has been negatively affected. But, I'm the kind of guy that likes to skate to where the puck is going. It's the innovator, entrepeneur in me.....something America lacks right now (all due to Obama).

PA - no subsidies outside the exchanges. All of those under 400% poverty level will use the exchange for this reason. All those above 400% will not use the government version of the exchange. Frankly, these are the clients I want to work with anyways. Plus, who would want to deal with the beauracracy, disclose income, and wait on hold for nothing in return. For a given company, All plans in and outside the exchange will be the same price, and will be the same benefit structure (to avoid adverse selection). But, one platinum plan from BX may be different than a platinum plan from GR. While they both must pay out 90% actuarial value, one may cover more outpatient services, while another more prescription coverage. Kind of like the MLR structure, each will have a different commission/admin structure, and medical expense structure.

PA - By the way, there are a couple other PA "exchange" .com sites showing up on yahoo search. I guess others are trying to skate to the puck

PA.. Look man, I do not wish to get into a pee pee contest with you as you have with so many on here... i have made a chosen decision to stay out of your throwdowns with other members... however...Dude, one question... Have you read the 2000 page law? several of the question you are asking in prior post and this one are well spelled out.... NO if you are outside the exchange there is no free gift(subsidy)

I know the law is a bitch to read.... i replaced the sports page for the health law when i was on the head after the law was signed by the racist prez.

no I have not read the entire 2000 page law.. bits n pieces, NAHU updates, Ritter Blog etc. I will start to read the entire bill soon. I'm sorry to learn your giving up on the individual market but I'm not going to throw the towel in until I'm 100% certain of the outcome. Me and my wife do a tremendous amount of individual business and I'm not gonna give up easy. The last three years we've been building our medicare business up and its now 40% of our book. We're about 50 indy,40 medicare 10 small group. We're preparing for the future and will be ready come 2014. If the future holds MA/Med Supp/FE.. then so be it.

Best Wishes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OB1 - You are so right, my production has been negatively affected. But, I'm the kind of guy that likes to skate to where the puck is going. It's the innovator, entrepeneur in me.....something America lacks right now (all due to Obama).

PA - no subsidies outside the exchanges. All of those under 400% poverty level will use the exchange for this reason. All those above 400% will not use the government version of the exchange. Frankly, these are the clients I want to work with anyways. Plus, who would want to deal with the beauracracy, disclose income, and wait on hold for nothing in return. For a given company, All plans in and outside the exchange will be the same price, and will be the same benefit structure (to avoid adverse selection). But, one platinum plan from BX may be different than a platinum plan from GR. While they both must pay out 90% actuarial value, one may cover more outpatient services, while another more prescription coverage. Kind of like the MLR structure, each will have a different commission/admin structure, and medical expense structure.

PA - By the way, there are a couple other PA "exchange" .com sites showing up on yahoo search. I guess others are trying to skate to the puck

soo 400% above the poverty level? geeze Louize.. that would be slim pickins. HMMM

So if agents are excluded from the exchanges.. Individual health agents would be screwed. I dont know what to make of this... Bartender I need a dbl

Last edited:
400% poverty level is equivalent to about $45,000 for an individual and $90,000 for family. (or close to these numbers). I would bet that 60-70% of your existing book of individual business make over these dollar amounts.

400% poverty level is equivalent to about $45,000 for an individual and $90,000 for family. (or close to these numbers). I would bet that 60-70% of your existing book of individual business make over these dollar amounts.

that would be nice, probably closer to 30%. Pa is not a wealthy state.

now we have another problem marketing.. how in the world can we market to people with those specific income levels. man I'm driving myself mad over this. Bartender another DBL please

that would be nice, probably closer to 30%. Pa is not a wealthy state.

now we have another problem marketing.. how in the world can we market to people with those specific income levels. man I'm driving myself mad over this. Bartender another DBL please

I believe the poverty level is different for each state to compensate for the variations in state incomes.

Since you're so close to D.C., I'm sure those wonderful stimulus funds will trickle your way soon.....just in time for the elections in 12'

Here's what people aren't seeing in this. Look at the big picture. If you can diversify you can still fill a need for people by guiding them through health insurance, then moving on to your real money-makers. I have about 5 financial planners that send me all of the business they need help with currently. Here's a common phrase from the clients they come into contact with. "yes I want to discuss my 100k IRA or my retirement planning needs. But I'm really worried about my health insurance and want to get that straightened out first"

Sooooo..... For those of you who can see Health insurance as a door to a much larger commission check the money will be there. I just posted about a client who I put on the state risk pool this week who bought a handful of other products, including rolling over a large chunk of an IRA and referred me to the owner of her business.

I would rather continue to earn a nice commission on health insurance but if it comes down to it I'll do it for peanuts while I build clients to cross-sell.

Heres an idea: Spend more time on this forum learning new products instead of joining in the whining, complaining and tripping out about comp levels and you'll be just fine!

COinsguy you and I are on the same page. It's like you are in my head or something lol which is a little wierd.

Back