Prescription Only Insurance?

CharSie

Hello. Are there any plans out there that are prescription only? I have Independence Health Plan East through my job (union) and prescription benefits through caramark but it's not so great I believe it's the bare minimum since we don't pay for it... I mainly need the prescription coverage to cover my prescriptions for Retin-A and another topical cream for my face. Any help is appreciated.

Hello. Are there any plans out there that are prescription only? I have Independence Health Plan East through my job (union) and prescription benefits through caramark but it's not so great I believe it's the bare minimum since we don't pay for it... I mainly need the prescription coverage to cover my prescriptions for Retin-A and another topical cream for my face. Any help is appreciated.

The best option would probably be a medication discount program. There are some variations depending on what state you're in. Are you using brand name medications or generics? That too would affect the price greatly.

I'm in Pennsylvania. I believe the creams are brands. I will be calling my doctor to see If there's a generic version. Idk how much the discount programs would work as the cost without insurance for one cream is $499 and the other $1000. But any info on a good program to look up is helpful

I'm in Pennsylvania. I believe the creams are brands. I will be calling my doctor to see If there's a generic version. Idk how much the discount programs would work as the cost without insurance for one cream is $499 and the other $1000. But any info on a good program to look up is helpful

Have you thought about buying from Canada?

Check this out.

http://www.canadianpharmacymeds.com/

Last edited:
I haven't. Is it a reputable website? Do I still need to send them a prescription? I only ask I because my prescription was sent electronically to shop rite so I don't have a paper Copy.

I've dealt with northwestpharmacy.com and they were great.

You might also want to check out goodrx.com.

Back