Quote Tool

cmlynch50

Hi All,

I'm a health insurance broker in Virginia. I created my own quoting tool, and thought I would see if there is any interest in it from brokers. It's excel, and works so that you only enter the client info in one spot, then it automatically calculates the rates for all the available carriers you may want to show in your area. You enter the client name, dates of birth (it calculates the age), if they use tobacco, and what subsidy if any they may qualify for. It produces clean pdf's that should be easy for the client to comprehend. I've attached the input screen, and an example of the proposal created in pdf. I'm simply trying to see if there is a market out there for this type of thing and appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

Chris

Attachments

• Input.pdf
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Proposal.pdf
    46.6 KB · Views: 40
How do you get the rates into the system?

----------

How do you get the rates into the system?

Hi All,

I'm a health insurance broker in Virginia. I created my own quoting tool, and thought I would see if there is any interest in it from brokers. It's excel, and works so that you only enter the client info in one spot, then it automatically calculates the rates for all the available carriers you may want to show in your area. You enter the client name, dates of birth (it calculates the age), if they use tobacco, and what subsidy if any they may qualify for. It produces clean pdf's that should be easy for the client to comprehend. I've attached the input screen, and an example of the proposal created in pdf. I'm simply trying to see if there is a market out there for this type of thing and appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

Chris

How do you get rates?

It looks like it could work for an agent who took time to enter the rates. Would be a lot of work if there are several carriers in the area. The proposal sheet is nice and clean and would be beneficial if the rate step wasn't too complex.

Maybe an alternative for someone who doesn't want to fork out the $$$ for Norvax or Quotit.

If it helps you in your business, then it's a success.

my dog has on baby diapers......rock me

March 24, 2015

A new award winning quote tool came online in Illinois that is intertwined with the government somehow.

Link: https://www.healthplanratings.org/hie/il/2015/search.cfm

I put in that I'm in Cook county, in "Excellent" health, but need a Large Bowel Resection. In all it's wisdom, the website gave me only a 2% chance of using whatever health insurance plan I chose to buy.
:D

For Background Info on This Award Winning Tool from "Consumer's Checkbook", visit: Consumers' CHECKBOOK's Health Plan Comparison Tool Wins First Place in Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Plan Choice Challenge - MarketWatch

Also: Health Insurance Exchange Plan Comparison Tool and Other Resources

ac

Back