Sell or Exchange my Leads

LACAGuy

I have a couple of vanity toll free numbers which generate around 2-5 auto leads per day. I'm in California and these leads come in from all over the country. I know that the quality of these leads are better than internet leads because these people are calling me unsolicited and are ready to buy now.

I want to build my health insurance book of business. I am thinking of swapping my leads with one of these lead programs, but from reading the posts here about the internet lead programs, I don't have a lot of confidence in the quality and exclusitivity. I'm thinking of taking the money generated from these leads to hire a telemarketer to solicit group health insurance.

Regardless, I have leads that go to waste every day and I'm looking for the best approach which would could yield me a fair price for these leads, and using the money to build my health book.

What do you think would be a fair market value for these leads? Would you swap these leads 1 for 1 for exclusive health insurance leads (if they exitst)? Is there some company who would just purchase them as they come in?
What would you guys advise? :skeptical:

Depends on a lot of things.

These folks are finding you somehow. Care to divulge some information? When they call in do they get a live person or a recorded message?

The leads could be worth $15 or more or as little as a buck.

My phone numbers and corresponding websites are 1-800-e-Insurance and 1-800-Car-Insurance.

Most of the calls I get are people who think that they are calling esurance, but they dial me at 1-800-e-Insurance, not 1-800-esurance.

Sometimes the calls go to voicmail, and i get names and phone numbers. I could also quallify the leads and get more information if i desired.

Nevertheless, these are high quality leads, and they are going to waist, so I'm looking for a way to leverage them to get either money or a swap.

We all look for that perfect lead source, things are so much different than they were 4 years ago, so many more lead scammers. If you aren't going to work the leads, and if they are good why wouldn't you, work out a deal with some of the guys on this forum to try the leads at a discount rate. If the leads are better than normal, the original guys could keep the areas they want at the new price you might set, and then they can verify the leads are good. Some might be willing to through a hundred bucks or two to try you out, or pick a couple of guys and give them some free leads, like insureme use to do. They trusted the quality of the leads and many of us became clients for a period of time.

We all look for that perfect lead source, things are so much different than they were 4 years ago, so many more lead scammers. If you aren't going to work the leads, and if they are good why wouldn't you, work out a deal with some of the guys on this forum to try the leads at a discount rate. If the leads are better than normal, the original guys could keep the areas they want at the new price you might set, and then they can verify the leads are good. Some might be willing to through a hundred bucks or two to try you out, or pick a couple of guys and give them some free leads, like insureme use to do. They trusted the quality of the leads and many of us became clients for a period of time.
I hear what you are saying, but the problem that i see is that these leads are so scattered, that its not practical to work out a deal with a few brokers. Unless you have many statewide appointments, chances are that the leads I get will not be in your area, at least not many.

Most auto clients want to deal with a local broker, unless they are dealing with an online/discount house, so building a relationship is a key for longterm success. That's very difficult in a long term relationship.

I hear what you are saying, but the problem that i see is that these leads are so scattered, that its not practical to work out a deal with a few brokers. Unless you have many statewide appointments, chances are that the leads I get will not be in your area, at least not many.

Most auto clients want to deal with a local broker, unless they are dealing with an online/discount house, so building a relationship is a key for longterm success. That's very difficult in a long term relationship.

Why not just partner up with brokers in the areas where the leads come in and split cases 50-50. I know the commissions for P&C are nothing to shake a stick up, but I'll take the 50% vs. selling the leads.

Back