Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum

Reply to **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home**     
Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Expert

State: sergman89 is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
**Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home**
I currently work at a call center, I am the youngest but last month I was the number 5 salesmen out of 26.

I am highly competitive and I have owned a landscaping business. I know that 6 figure incomes require 12-16 hour days sometimes, and phone calls at random times. I simply want to work from home as a broker. I currently sell Medicare Supplement Products for Mutual Of Omaha, sold Life insurance for American Income Life (HORRIBLE), and I have sold Medicare Advantage for Bravo (Health Spring).

I have served in the Army Guard as Infantry, and I know I have the discipline to sell from home.

Now that thats out of the way, I cant find a GA or Agency that has a work from home position that doesnt ask me for money to work for them. Are all work from home gigs scams, or am I just not turning the right stones??

I Appreciate Your Time & Consideration!!!

P.S. My driving license is suspended which is why I cannot be a field agent again, and I have 22 states that I am licensed in.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home**
Old 12-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Guru
STIBROKER on **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** - Insurance Forum

State: STIBROKER is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to STIBROKER
STIBROKER is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
**Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** Re: **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Hom
Originally Posted by mr.bright View Post
Now that thats out of the way, I cant find a GA or Agency that has a work from home position that doesnt ask me for money to work for them. Are all work from home gigs scams, or am I just not turning the right stones??
I have been working from home for years.......what do you want to sell.........

Reply With Quote to **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home**
Old 12-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
Guru
Josh on **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** - Insurance Forum

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
**Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** Re: **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Hom
Not to be rude, but if your drivers license is suspended, did it relate to anything that'll give you a hard time getting contracted?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Not to be rude, but if your drivers license is suspended, did it relate to anything that'll give you a hard time getting contracted?
I don't think that's rude, it's a legit question. Could be the root of this person' s problem. He needs to fess up to get honest non-timewasting feedback.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   2+7 equals I agree to forum rules 

Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
Expert

State: sergman89 is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
**Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** Re: **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Hom sergman89 is the thread starter for: **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home**

Originally Posted by Josh View Post
lol, no since my license was suspended I have been contracted with 2 comapnys.

I dont consider it rude, but "fess up" seems a little rude.

I dont mind what I sell, I have the most experience in medicare advantage and supplement insurance, but I learn quickly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by STIBROKER View Post
I have been working from home for years.......what do you want to sell.........
I preffer Medicare Products, but as long as someone can explain the plans to me for a short period I learn very quickly.

I dont mind selling anything, I just enjoy selling insurance for the good days and depressing days. I just want to represent multiple well known companys with good ratings of course.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, I only had 2 licenses when I had my license, now I have 20 more. If there was an issue with getting contracted I wouldnt waste my time or anyones time on here. Although if in that situation I would first find the loop hole to get me back in lol.

Now to master cold calling!!

Last edited by sergman89; 12-23-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
Guru
Frank Stastny on **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** - Insurance Forum

State: Frank Stastny is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Frank Stastny is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Your license may not be a problem unless you got caught doing weird things with farm animals in the back seat while your car was on cruise control.

I caution you about going with an agency or a "GA". Most will insist that you "assign your commissions". They may not use those exact words but you will not own the business you write if that is what they insist you do.

You can sell Med Supps over the phone. I have been doing it for about the last two years.

If you like you can give me a call and I can answer all of your questions to help you make intelligent decisions. I've been selling Med Supps for over eighteen years. Call anytime at 573.544.4091.

Professional Medicare Supplement Sales Training, Coaching, Support & Contracts.

"The Perfect Contact Management Program (CMP) for the Insurance Professional"
www.YourInsuranceOffice.com
Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
Guru

State: arnguy is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
arnguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Frank, would that include goats?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Guru
Frank Stastny on **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** - Insurance Forum

State: Frank Stastny is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Frank Stastny is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by arnguy View Post
Frank, would that include goats?
Goats are special farm animals, we make special allowances for them.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #9

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by mr.bright View Post
I dont consider it rude, but "fess up" seems a little rude.
Sorry dude, didn't mean for it to come out that way. Guess I should have chosen my words better. We get people on here sometimes that have done bad things, then can't get a job so they decide they can sell insurance (or real estate). Then they find out it isn't as easy as they think to get contracted.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
Guru

State: RonRoberts is an Insurance Agent from Louisiana
Originally Posted by runner View Post
Sorry dude, didn't mean for it to come out that way. Guess I should have chosen my words better. We get people on here sometimes that have done bad things, then can't get a job so they decide they can sell insurance (or real estate). Then they find out it isn't as easy as they think to get contracted.
There is nothing easy about this business except getting contracted (for most of us)...except for the goat thingy.
Reply to **Sell Medicare Products, Life, and Health Insurance From Home** 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum

Tags
health insurance, medicare