Selling Health Insurance- To Companies As a Whole?

kammblue

Could someone explain to me how targeting companies to sell health insurance ould work in the long run. I assume that if i get into abc company and they use myself as the agent/broker and i have a good relationship with them there new employees who would come on board would be put through me and I would get that health contract?

Does anyone here just do there business that way and if so how did you go about getting in to the companies? Calling and asking for an appointment I assume, advertising...
Also, if you sell to employess at companies there isnt underwriting for them is there as individuals?

Forgive my ignorance I havnt gotten into the Health side of the biz yet....

Thanks, Matt

Last edited:
I am not sure if I understand what you are asking, but I assume it is about group health insurance. My reply is that if you as an agent have a company (group) on a group health plan that is extant then any new employees would be automatically be added to the group and be covered after a waiting period (sometimes called a probationary period) that is selected by the employer. Of course, you should have a Broker of Record (BOR) letter to help protect you against another agent coming in behind you and trying to take the group away from you.

Back