Separate Deductibles on HSA-eligible Plan

jared

Is it possible to have separate medical and pharmacy deductibles on an HSA-eligible HDHP?

I haven't found any such plans, but I also don't see any explicit rule preventing separate deductibles as long as each individual deductible is individually higher than the minimum annual deductible amount ($1300 individual/$2600 family), and also that together they do not exceed the PPACA OOP maximum.

If it's possible, are there any current examples of plans out there that have separate deductibles?

Thanks,
Jared

I notice that non-preferred drugs are not included in the network OOP max. Not really a surprise but can be a bit of a shock for covered participants.

Sherota, I don't see where that example shows a separate Rx deductible. On the example you provided, under the Prescription Drugs section, it says "No separate drug deductible" on all the HSA plans. Am I understanding something wrong?

----------

OP, if you're asking for RX separate on HDHP plans only, certain RX can be covered for a copay under the HSA rules but good luck finding it on individual plans. I have gotten to the point of only considering Out of Pocket, network and price. Usually my clients want the lowest premium for a given OOP. I haven't seen very many cases where lower deductible or copays comes out cheaper when the insured is responsible for claims and premium - but do the calculations.

Back