Short Term Insurance To Take Client to Medicare

insuremeplz

Expert
I need help with a client.

I'm in California and have a client that originally received a counter offer from Health Net for two months of coverage when they needed a total of six to get to medicare. Client accepted the offer, and Healthnet advised re applying would be based on claims during those two months.

Client went ahead and filed a bunch of ticky tack, small claims (that didn't meet deductible or OOP) and now Healthnet is declining to renew the policy the final four months.

Only other option I know of is Assurant, which is 4x the cost. To make things more difficult the client is on workers comp. We submitted short term with Healthnet because there is no mention of Workers Comp being a problem on the application.

Any suggestions? Doesn't anyone offer short term any more? Quotit only shows healthnet/assurant. Thanks!

I need help with a client.

I'm in California and have a client that originally received a counter offer from Health Net for two months of coverage when they needed a total of six to get to medicare. Client accepted the offer, and Healthnet advised re applying would be based on claims during those two months.

Client went ahead and filed a bunch of ticky tack, small claims (that didn't meet deductible or OOP) and now Healthnet is declining to renew the policy the final four months.

Only other option I know of is Assurant, which is 4x the cost. To make things more difficult the client is on workers comp. We submitted short term with Healthnet because there is no mention of Workers Comp being a problem on the application.

Any suggestions? Doesn't anyone offer short term any more? Quotit only shows healthnet/assurant. Thanks!
I would apply for a traditional ind plan. The workers comp will make it difficult. I would try Aetna and send in an award letter from workmans comp to prove what Aetna would not be liable for. Stay away from Shield, their u/w is too tough

Mike

There is as short term med plan offered by HII (Health Insurance Innovations) underwritten by Starr Indemnity out of Dallas (A rated). Took a look at their uw questions and no question regarding WC. Their website is www.hiiquote.com. That's all I know, never used them. I place my short term clients with BCBSIL.

Latest posts

Back