Should I Write my Own Health Insurance Policy?

I am leaving employment in the funeral business and going back to being an independent life agent. I have a TX General Lines license so I can write health too (though I never have.)

I'm losing my group health insurance and COBRA coverage is ridiculously high. I need to get health insurance somewhere and for the most reasonable cost. Are there advantages to my situation because I am licensed? (other than the fact that I get paid on the policy I'd write for myself)

Just asking the general question because I have no clue what my options are. I am NOT currently appointed with any health insurance carriers. If there are any in particular I should get appointed with, please suggest. I honestly don't want to shell out $300/mo for coverage if I can avoid it. Any information would be helpful.

It's not worth your time to get appointed. Commissions will average 5%, at $300/mo , it's $15 a month.

If you qualify for tax credits, you don't want to mess with HC.gov by yourself.
If you don't understand plans/benefits/networks, you don't want to make a mistake by learning on the fly.

Call a texas agent for help..... KGmom , TaterPeeler, or Houcoogster on this forum

Call a texas agent for help..... KGBmom , TaterPeeler, or Houcoogster on this forum

im the smartest out of all...been doing this longer than them anyway.... I trained most of the texas agents.... just call... I will make sure you are done right..... I mean, do you really want to deal with a Houston cougar or someone that supports the KGB... just look at her name, she may be kin to putin....

in all honesty everyone knows im the ACA, ObamaCare, master... just call the best

I am leaving employment in the funeral business and going back to being an independent life agent. I have a TX General Lines license so I can write health too (though I never have.)

I'm losing my group health insurance and COBRA coverage is ridiculously high. I need to get health insurance somewhere and for the most reasonable cost. Are there advantages to my situation because I am licensed? (other than the fact that I get paid on the policy I'd write for myself)

Just asking the general question because I have no clue what my options are. I am NOT currently appointed with any health insurance carriers. If there are any in particular I should get appointed with, please suggest. I honestly don't want to shell out $300/mo for coverage if I can avoid it. Any information would be helpful.

$300 a month sounds like a bargain to me.

im the smartest out of all...been doing this longer than them anyway.... I trained most of the texas agents.... just call... I will make sure you are done right..... I mean, do you really want to deal with a Houston cougar or someone that supports the KGB... just look at her name, she may be kin to putin....

in all honesty everyone knows im the ACA, ObamaCare, master... just call the best

It's just a good thing you are not arrogant, my friend!

I knew it was a joke, Tater! And I replied with a joke, too. I hope there is no miscommunication to readers, as TaterPeeler and I are friends with mutual respect. Without a doubt, TaterPeeler knows this market well, and Yagents was correct to recommend using an experienced agent in Texas.

Back