STM and GAP Plans Discussion.

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Greetings all,

I'm currently writing all IHC Health Solutions Short Term Medical plans, but with that company's premiums continuing to escalate, I want to add a lower-priced, quality carrier to the portfolio.

Today, I was solicited to write this particular plan from Peterson International Underwriters.

Link to Brochure: https://www.piu.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Short-Term-Major-Medical-01-01-2017.pdf

Does anyone have experience with this plan and/or company? The premium is extremely low, compared to what IHC Health Solutions is charging.

I'm mostly concerned about the overall quality of the company, PPO Network, Customer Service, Claims payment, etc., from a customer's perspective.

----------------------

ALSO, have any new GAP/Deductible-Payer plans been unveiled by any carrier for 2017?

Specifically, are there any that will reimburse an individual's deductible for any medical care that is covered by the insured's Major Medical health plan?

I've attempted to accomplish this with Critical Illness and Injury plans, but there are a huge number of people who go to the hospital E.R., or a neighborhood medical center, for Non-Injuries and Non-Critical Illnesses.

A general medical plan with a $7500 coverage limit, and a $250 or $500 deductible would be PERFECT. Does one exist?

Thanks for any constructive feedback! :yes:

-Allen in Chicago

Greetings all,

I'm currently writing all IHC Health Solutions Short Term Medical plans, but with that company's premiums continuing to escalate, I want to add a lower-priced, quality carrier to the portfolio.

Today, I was solicited to write this particular plan from Peterson International Underwriters.

Link to Brochure: https://www.piu.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Short-Term-Major-Medical-01-01-2017.pdf

Does anyone have experience with this plan and/or company? The premium is extremely low, compared to what IHC Health Solutions is charging.

I'm mostly concerned about the overall quality of the company, PPO Network, Customer Service, Claims payment, etc., from a customer's perspective.

-Allen in Chicago

Hey Allen, I've never had any dealings with Peterson, but have been aware of them for 15 years. They specialize in policies for people coming and going to and from the U.S., bridge plans, disability, etc. They're a legitimate company and the owner's a member of this Forum.

Haven't seen him post for a while. Maybe his ears will be burning since we're talking about him and he'll stop by.

Hey Allen, I've never had any dealings with Peterson, but have been aware of them for 15 years. They specialize in policies for people coming and going to and from the U.S., bridge plans, disability, etc. They're a legitimate company and the owner's a member of this Forum.

Haven't seen him post for a while. Maybe his ears will be burning since we're talking about him and he'll stop by.

Thank-you for that information on Peterson Intl, GoIllini52. Having experience and infrastructure already in place, should work to their advantage in the STM market.

General Agent Center (Phoenix, AZ.) added Peterson to their GAC Quote platform recently. The STM policy is called "EZ Short Term Major Medical".

I don't think it's currently legal to label an STM as major medical, but that restriction will most likely being headed for the trash can after the new Health and Human Services (HHS) administrator is in charge.

Greetings all,

----------------------

ALSO, have any new GAP/Deductible-Payer plans been unveiled by any carrier for 2017?

Specifically, are there any that will reimburse an individual's deductible for any medical care that is covered by the insured's Major Medical health plan?

I've attempted to accomplish this with Critical Illness and Injury plans, but there are a huge number of people who go to the hospital E.R., or a neighborhood medical center, for Non-Injuries and Non-Critical Illnesses.

A general medical plan with a $7500 coverage limit, and a $250 or $500 deductible would be PERFECT. Does one exist?

Thanks for any constructive feedback! :yes:

-Allen in Chicago

I'm by far NOT an expert in these things, but did you look at the Core Indemnity plans that UHC is rolling out? Would that work?

I'm by far NOT an expert in these things, but did you look at the Core Indemnity plans that UHC is rolling out? Would that work?

KGMom, you're one of the most knowledgeable agents I've ever known. Thanks for reminding me of the new UHC Core Med.

I'm still totally avoiding bringing any revenue to United Healthcare, after they suddenly stopped paying us last O.E.. But, for the overall good, I'll look at the Core Medical Indemnity plan and see if it fits the bill. Hopefully it does NOT.
:mad:

I can't find any information about these plans, care to share a link? The UHC Agent portal doesn't have anything either.

National General is a very competitive stm

I just downloaded their brochure. No RX at all. No school sports, no dangerous activities, the list goes on and on. Looks like it's cheap for a reason.

I'm still totally avoiding bringing any revenue to United Healthcare, after they suddenly stopped paying us last O.E.. But, for the overall good, I'll look at the Core Medical Indemnity plan and see if it fits the bill. Hopefully it does NOT.
:mad:

Better get over the UHC thing. Carriers only pay us because they need us and have no loyalty. The best you can hope for is to have good relations with some of their employees so you can get things done when needed & take care of your clients. Besides, if you don't sell UHC, your competitor will. Always be neutral on carrier and put client 1st. Let your friends at a given carrier win ties against a carrier where your friends are not.

Back