Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Reply to TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?     
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #1

State: dlomax6542 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?
I signed up for and paid my first months premium with BCBS TX, Individual Plan, Silver PPO, but realized that I picked the wrong plan. There was another plan for only $5 more a month with a deductible $1000 less than the other one, but all the other benefits the same. Will the insurance company let me switch plans?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Guru
YouGotMyMoney on TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? - Insurance Forum

State: YouGotMyMoney is an Insurance Agent from Florida
YouGotMyMoney is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? Re: TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?
when is ur effective date?

Yeah * Yeah * Call Me Steve-O
  Reply With Quote to TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Guru
somarco on TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? - Insurance Forum

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? Re: TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid?
Just a wag, but since the OP said it was a Silver plan my guess is 1/1/14
Old 01-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
Guru

State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Make sure all the benefits are the same. I would put good money on that the deductible is the same, but the coinsurance and copays are different.

Call Blue Cross, prior to the 15th and ask for a change for 2/1. After the 15th, you will have to wait until 3/1.

Register Now for FREE!
Are you an Insurance Forums member yet ? To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please fill out the form below !

Username:     Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   What is 17 minus one? I agree to forum rules 

Reply to TX BSBC Plan: Can You Change Plans After First Premium is Paid? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum