Visitor in Trouble with a Bill of $2000 Dollar. Seeking Advice and Help. Very Tensed.

najamosama

Im a visitor here with a b1/b2 visa in U.S.A without health insurance. Few days back i suffered with nausea and vomiting and had to go the hospital in michigan where they kept me for a few hours. Im in NYC at the moment, i went to michigan for a visit. The bill just came in with the amount of $2000 which i cant pay because i dont have money. im very tensed, can anyone tell me how to make things work now? Please.

NajaMoSama, I'm glad the hospital was able to get you back to good health.

1. Does your health insurance at home have emergency coverage for when you're out of the country? Most USA health insurance companies cover US citizens if they get sick/injured when traveling abroad. Hopefully, yours does too. Something to check in to.

2. If not, contact the hospital, explain your situation, and ask for a discounted price/bill, along with a installment payment plan.

I'm sure there are other agents with additional ideas for you. Maybe they'll chime in with their advice as well.
ac

DS4 no i didnt, im new hear in U.S.A.

----------

AllenChicago hospital gave me a discount , the hospital bill is $700 after the discount. The physician gave me a bill of $1300. i really dont know what to do since im new hear in U.S and other than that my country doesnt give its citizens a coverage.

Call Saul Goodman, (505) 267-3121, tell him you want his 'Slipping Jimmy' special service, it makes hospital bills go away in an instant.

DS4 no i didnt, im new hear in U.S.A.

----------

AllenChicago hospital gave me a discount , the hospital bill is $700 after the discount. The physician gave me a bill of $1300. i really dont know what to do since im new hear in U.S and other than that my country doesnt give its citizens a coverage.

Work out a payment plan and send 'something' in each month.

Payment plan...$50 a month pay them
And call Obama he can help
Sounds like they gave u great deal...why am I paying insurance $900mo ?
Stupid me..

By the way you should pay them something each month because when you go to renew that visa the immigration office may find out about that medical bill... Somehow they can access a national medical records database.
Just my 2 cents of what little i know...
But it did happen to a client and wrecked their lives..actually immigation didnt renew the visitor visa

Last edited:
I'm confused, you are here on a b1/b2 visa without any money? You are here for work.

Talk to your employer and see if they can pay the bill for you for now. They sent you here, getting sick on international trips is a normal thing, there should have been some thought put into this by your employer.

I can't tell you how many times I've been overseas for work and gotten sick. Fortunately, I never had to go to the hospital though.

Dan

Call Saul Goodman, (505) 267-3121, tell him you want his 'Slipping Jimmy' special service, it makes hospital bills go away in an instant.

Better Call Saul!!!!

Or he can call Jenny 867-5309 (or should that be call Tommy Tutone at 867-5309).

Last edited:
Back