Walmart Enters Health Insurance Mkt

Please, what is this thread about ?

Eating parts to strengthen parts.

I see Chumps has his butcher's apron on so I guess he will be doing the cutting. Winter will be doing the marketing and MLM will be in charge of PR and other "warm and fuzzy things.

Xrac will be the account rep handling the Walmart account. Me, I'm the procurer of the bodies. I just love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Please, what is this thread about ?

October 6, 2014

This thread is about WALMART teaming up with the TZ Insurance Solutions agency to offer ObamaCare plans at their Retail Store locations nationwide, starting with the 2015 Open Enrollment season.

Story: http://www.newsweek.com/walmart-wants-help-you-shop-health-insurance-275677

TZ Insurance is hiring tons of agents to help them with this massive expansion.

Apply Here: Careers | TZ Insurance Solutions LLC

FYI, Their Direct-to-Customer Sales Website is: https://www.directhealth.com

ac

Posted an article about this Monday afternoon, accessible from the home page or via link below.

Walmart announced Monday that it will team with DirectHealth.com, LLC, in an initiative to allow consumers to compare health insurance plans and enroll online, by phone, or at 2,700 of its more than 4,300 stores starting this Friday, Oct. 10.

Labeed Diab, president of health and wellness for Walmart U.S., is quoted as saying, “Our goal is to be the No. 1 health care provider in the industry." Direct*Health.com agents will receive a commission if they enroll an in-store customer in a health plan. Walmart won't receive commissions on health coverage sales and hopes to benefit partly by luring customers into stores.

Insurance Forums | Walmart out to be No. 1 in health care; launches

Tired to do quotes last night though directhealth, Medicare went through and in my area only offer's Humana and UHC. When I tried to under 65 quote took me to gohealth.com

Posted an article about this Monday afternoon, accessible from the home page or via link below.

Walmart announced Monday that it will team with DirectHealth.com, LLC, in an initiative to allow consumers to compare health insurance plans and enroll online, by phone, or at 2,700 of its more than 4,300 stores starting this Friday, Oct. 10.

Labeed Diab, president of health and wellness for Walmart U.S., is quoted as saying, “Our goal is to be the No. 1 health care provider in the industry." Direct*Health.com agents will receive a commission if they enroll an in-store customer in a health plan. Walmart won't receive commissions on health coverage sales and hopes to benefit partly by luring customers into stores.

Insurance Forums | Walmart out to be No. 1 in health care; launches

If Walmart becomes the number one health care provider I think we are all in trouble.

This thread is absolutely hilarious, from the comedic posts in 2009 to the idea that Wal-mart thinks insurance-shopping will lure customers into their stores, to the fact that Walmart wants to be the #1 health care provider and subsequently drops insurance for 30,000 of their own employees.

WalMart also is starting clinics where employees can get exams for under $5, if I recall the story correctly.
Employees working there part time can probably get a better deal on Marketplace except in states that didn't do the Medicaid expansion, if they are making under the FPL.
So, the stores stop paying for health insurance, provide basic low cost care to employees, while also making money in the clinics on other minimum wage workers. A win-win.

Last edited:
Back