What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?

Johnny180

Expert
I see ads all over for AHT or America's Health Team. I'm looking for some insightful feedback from people who have had experience with them or personally know agents who have worked with AHT. Would like to know if this company is worth working for. And, if there are problems with the company, is it at least a situation where it would be beneficial to work for them just for a brief time for the experience...say 1 year or so. Thanks.

Johnny

I spent about 6 months with them. They represent Assurant, United American, and AIG. You are tied to Assurant and currently in my state that is not a good thing. I started with a different understanding of what I was going to be paid and they never raised it to what I was expecting. They added requirement along the way. They are nice people but a limited product line. They offer marketing help as you produce. They expect you to go out door to door to small buinesses.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I'm in Texas. I have no idea if they are good or bad in this state. They advertise some pretty incredible money....like over $100K first year....and highest paid last year was $500,000...gotta believe that was a manager with agents under him...right?

Johnny:

Yes, that was probably a manager. Although they make it easy to be a manager when you produce. It's door to door wih small business owners showing the benefits of individual policies. They lead with $5k deductible and Suite Solutions. Sometimes, this can be a good fit but not often enough. I prefer HSA plans myself and Assurant can be competitive HSA plan. They offer a 12 month advance and there is where the income is produced. I was leading with the idea of more benefits for less money and the more benefits were more policies. Assurant has been applying pretty large price increases in the second year as well. The Americas Health Team people are nice people and help as they can. They offer lead that are telemarketed when you produce. I hope this helps.

Did you ever start working for them? I am considering this team in Orlando. Could you let me know how it worked out for you by e-mailing me at [email protected]?

I have my Life, Health and Annuity License and am looking to start with a decent company that is not Torchmark or Health Markets/Cornerstone. Thanks.

I see ads all over for AHT or America's Health Team. I'm looking for some insightful feedback from people who have had experience with them or personally know agents who have worked with AHT. Would like to know if this company is worth working for. And, if there are problems with the company, is it at least a situation where it would be beneficial to work for them just for a brief time for the experience...say 1 year or so. Thanks.

Johnny
If you go to work for America's Health Team you better have E&O Insurance,because there is a good chance you may need it!
Run the other way!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Run the other way! They are a rip off.

Last edited:
Back