Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum
Register NOW - It's Free !!! Forum Rules Today's Posts

Reply to What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?     
Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Expert

State: Johnny180 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?
I see ads all over for AHT or America's Health Team. I'm looking for some insightful feedback from people who have had experience with them or personally know agents who have worked with AHT. Would like to know if this company is worth working for. And, if there are problems with the company, is it at least a situation where it would be beneficial to work for them just for a brief time for the experience...say 1 year or so. Thanks.

Johnny
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Super Genius
Mr C on What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? - Insurance Forum

State: Mr C is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? Re: What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?
Johnny,

What companies do they represent?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Super Genius
mcleanbr on What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? - Insurance Forum

State: mcleanbr is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? Re: What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?
I spent about 6 months with them. They represent Assurant, United American, and AIG. You are tied to Assurant and currently in my state that is not a good thing. I started with a different understanding of what I was going to be paid and they never raised it to what I was expecting. They added requirement along the way. They are nice people but a limited product line. They offer marketing help as you produce. They expect you to go out door to door to small buinesses.

I hope this helps.

Bruce
Old 02-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Expert

State: Johnny180 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? Re: What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? Johnny180 is the thread starter for: What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team?

Thanks Bruce. I'm in Texas. I have no idea if they are good or bad in this state. They advertise some pretty incredible money....like over $100K first year....and highest paid last year was $500,000...gotta believe that was a manager with agents under him...right?

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Please type "insurance" in this box I agree to forum rules 

Old 02-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
Guru

State: TXINSURANCE is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
TXINSURANCE is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Assurant and UA in Texas? Good luck, they are not competitive and / or limited plans.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Super Genius
mcleanbr on What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? - Insurance Forum

State: mcleanbr is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Johnny:

Yes, that was probably a manager. Although they make it easy to be a manager when you produce. It's door to door wih small business owners showing the benefits of individual policies. They lead with $5k deductible and Suite Solutions. Sometimes, this can be a good fit but not often enough. I prefer HSA plans myself and Assurant can be competitive HSA plan. They offer a 12 month advance and there is where the income is produced. I was leading with the idea of more benefits for less money and the more benefits were more policies. Assurant has been applying pretty large price increases in the second year as well. The Americas Health Team people are nice people and help as they can. They offer lead that are telemarketed when you produce. I hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #7

State: WENDY.WHALEN is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Did you ever start working for them? I am considering this team in Orlando. Could you let me know how it worked out for you by e-mailing me at gailhatta@hotmail.com?

I have my Life, Health and Annuity License and am looking to start with a decent company that is not Torchmark or Health Markets/Cornerstone. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #8

State: Aprils is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Originally Posted by Johnny180 View Post
I see ads all over for AHT or America's Health Team. I'm looking for some insightful feedback from people who have had experience with them or personally know agents who have worked with AHT. Would like to know if this company is worth working for. And, if there are problems with the company, is it at least a situation where it would be beneficial to work for them just for a brief time for the experience...say 1 year or so. Thanks.

Johnny
If you go to work for America's Health Team you better have E&O Insurance,because there is a good chance you may need it!
Run the other way!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Run the other way! They are a rip off.

Last edited by Aprils; 09-29-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
Guru
taterpeeler on What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? - Insurance Forum

State: taterpeeler is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Send a message via AIM to taterpeeler
taterpeeler is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
3 year old lives....
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
Guru

State: arnguy is an Insurance Agent from Pennsylvania
arnguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Yeah, Aprils late to the party. I know three agents who signed up with them. Aprils, where were you when they needed you advice----3 years ago!
Reply to What can anyone tell me about America's Health Team? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Individual Health Insurance Forum