Who Sells Individul Dental?

goget

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm licensed with united health care for health. Do they sell individual dental?Is it any good?Who else sells good plans?

I am an independent business owner with Ameriplan. I sell a standalone dental discount plan that actually includes vision, prescription and chiropractic. I have some very happy customers that have saved thousands of dollars on dental procedures.

Last edited:
The problem with Ameriplan and other discount plans is that they allow a percentage of a fee schedule they set up.

The best dental plan is "Dr. DDS, do you accept Delta PPO? Great! May I pay you 100% of their negotiated rates or must I pay $40 a month so you can get paid the same amount?"

The only dental plan I sell is to people who won't do that. For $100 a year they can purchase www.californiadiscountdental.com and get a pre-negotiated rate for services.

Rick

Last edited:
My clients who went from dental insurance not covering the dental services they needed to Ameriplan saving them from 15% to 80% on procedures (which I have also experienced personally) don't see it as a problem. Research them all and see what fits for your clientele.

I like Assurant dental. They just combined Careington dental discounts (20% to 60% discount) with dental benefits paid on a fee schedule (i.e. pays $100 per visit for cleanings twice per year on the intermediate plan).

I have sold Assurant with AmeriPlan and that worked out well prior to discounts being a part of the Assurant Plan. That was a good change.

Also, there is only a 6-month wait for major services with Assurant. Many carriers have a 12 to 18-month wait on major services.

Mary were would I get a contract with Assurant dental? whats the commission level's?Can you go to any dentist?Thanks

Contact Assurant Health: 1-800-800-1212. You can contract through the regional office closest to you. They have a good line of supplemental products: dental, accident, cancer/heart/stroke, short-term medical. They pay weekly on time/every time. Their supplemental products are 25 to 45+%; short-term medical 20% if you write with a supplemental product. You can get an advance if you choose. I write as earned: trying to get out of the advance trap. You can write online and what you turn in before Wednesday pays the following Wednesday.

I have never written Assurant's major medical: it is too expensive. They just went to 0% commission for brokers on major medical, which no one is happy about. I've just written their supplemental products, anyway.

Yes, the client can go to any dentist, however, if they go to a dentist on the Careington directory they also get the discounts plus the monies their policy pays out.

Another good feature: Assurant is in 48 states.

Last edited:
What exactly is Careington? Their website says:

"Careington is a premier marketer of dental and other health and lifestyle discount plans, as well as insurance plans through its affiliate Careington Benefit Solutions, that help members save money on health care and other services."

Ref: https://www1.careington.com/members/compare.html

Careington discounts used to be bundled with Philadelphia American indemnity plans back in the day, but it's not an actual PPO that medical providers and dentists contract with, is it?

It seems as if Assurant is bundling with their dental now much like Philadelphia American. It was just introduced in a meeting in November prior to open enrollment. They did not go into great detail as they were discussing open enrollment and ran out of time. It seemed as if it would be much like AmeriPlan discounts coupled with a fee schedule-type dental paid per procedure. I need to get more information on it.

Fee schedule plans tend to be this side of worthless. Dental PPO plans are nothing more than trading money with the insurance company and DHMO plans are terrible.

The value in the plans really is for the benefit of the company and agent only.

Rick

Back