Buying a Book of Business

rjs270

I've been lurking on this site for close to six months now and the information that I've learned from you guys in invaluable, so let me start by saying thank you.

So far I've gotten my p&c license in pa, established my indy agency, obtained my E&O insurance, gotten an appointment with progressive and I'm leasing an office building at a highly visible location. I'm brand new to the insurance world but I've been in sales for the past ten years and I'm really excited about helping people with their insurance needs!!

I've been considering purhasing a book of business in my area and was wondering how one would go about finding an agency that's considering selling. I came close to buying a local Erie agency but the owner decided to hang onto the business for a few more years. I've tried searching on the internet and contacted a few business brokers in my area but I can't seem to find anyone that's selling right now. I was thinking about sending out letters to all of the agencies in my area to see if anyone was interested. Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Why are you looking to buy a book?

P&C clients don't like having to travel too far to get service, if you plan to buy a book make sure it's close to your location.

Back