Buying a Book of Business

Just looking for information on any opinions on buying a book of business in florida? any opinions would be great and advice at what to do. i have been in the industry selling personal lines for almost two years now and wanting to branch out on my own and be my own boss and not have to split commish with the agency or anyone else. Any suggestions or comments on what i should do would be great!

Thanks,

It's too bad your not selling health insurance...

The thread below yours is titled "how do i sell a health insurance book"

I am a Florida p&c agent. You have a few options. Start an agency with the helps of one of these organizations like trusted choice which can help you with carrier appointments. Option 2 is to purchase a franchise such as we insure Florida or brightway which will give you appointments and handle your customer service. The last option is you could work with another agent with a better pay structure. Let me know if I could be any further assistance.

I am a Florida p&c agent. You have a few options. Start an agency with the helps of one of these organizations like trusted choice which can help you with carrier appointments. Option 2 is to purchase a franchise such as we insure Florida or brightway which will give you appointments and handle your customer service. The last option is you could work with another agent with a better pay structure. Let me know if I could be any further assistance.

Where ar you located in FL if your availible i would like to talk about all of this i am new and havent made a huge amount of INDY agents that can give me the info. If not i understand that too,

Thanks,

From what I have seen P&C books are at premium in Florida. The other option is start an agency from scratch, but it is hard to get the appointments from the carriers.

Back