Can I Take My Book of Business with Me?

joos

First, does anyone know if I can work for multiple brokers at the same time? It would be 1099 positions.

Also, when I leave the broker, am i able to take my clients with me? I guess im frustrated bcs alot of the major PNC carriers wants to see you have a book of business before they give an appointment, but how do i do this?

Any advice would help, thanks!

First, does anyone know if I can work for multiple brokers at the same time? It would be 1099 positions.

Also, when I leave the broker, am i able to take my clients with me? I guess im frustrated bcs alot of the major PNC carriers wants to see you have a book of business before they give an appointment, but how do i do this?

Any advice would help, thanks!

Depends upon the contract.

Depends upon the contract.

cooll thanks. so how do i build a book to be able to get the appointments, when im alwasys under someone elses book? or when i start my own agency, do i just let my current clients know and they can come with me and thats how it works?

cooll thanks. so how do i build a book to be able to get the appointments, when im alwasys under someone elses book? or when i start my own agency, do i just let my current clients know and they can come with me and thats how it works?

You don't unless it allows you in your contract. If you want to go out on your own join a cluster or buy an agency.

You don't unless it allows you in your contract. If you want to go out on your own join a cluster or buy an agency.

thanks. whats a cluster? how common is it to find brokers who allow you to take clients with you in their contract?

There are always carriers that will appoint you without an existing book, especially if you have experience.

You may end up selling non-standard auto for a while, but you can always get appointed.

Dan

There are always carriers that will appoint you without an existing book, especially if you have experience.

You may end up selling non-standard auto for a while, but you can always get appointed.

Dan

Like Dan said you can get appointed with a few non standard companies first. I know that progressive and foremost will appoint new agencies. Just call them you must have an E & O policy as well. Good luck. :)

Back