I Have a Book of Book of Business for Sale & Need Help.

davidbeckham

I have a small book of business for mobile home insurance that I want to sell. My NET annual commissions are approximately $3,000 the premiums are being escrowed in 20 & 30 year mortgages. I want to sell as fast and as high as possible because of my immediate need for cash. The carrier is only offering $2,300 which seems a slap in the face. Does anyone have any thoughts as to where they can be sold and for how much? Also I have found a couple of companies which purchase other types of books but none so far that purchase property books.

The fastest way to sell it is to go local. Walk into a few agents offices and offer it to them and see what they will give you for it.

I don't know about mobile home policies with a small book. I imagine you'll get about a years premium, maybe a bit more. There are a lot of factors involved here, but a local agent would have a better feel for the local demographics and the stability of the policies. The overall price is low enough that this won't be 'unaffordable' for a local agent.

Dan

Back