Looking to Sell My Medicare Book of Business!!

Josh,

Mine is 95% Medicare products. 65% Med Sups and 35% MAPD's along with alot of GTL hospital indemnity. As far as transferring to wife upon my death wouldn't she have to be licensed or not?

Josh,

Mine is 95% Medicare products. 65% Med Sups and 35% MAPD's along with alot of GTL hospital indemnity. As far as transferring to wife upon my death wouldn't she have to be licensed or not?

The MAPDs are a suckers bet to begin with.

Why are we talking about death? Get her licensed and transfer it now. She's going to have to recert for the MAPDs and get appointed. Not all carriers will change the agent of record either.

Another option is to get an agency license and have everything in the agency's license and then have your wife own the agency (and have a license still).

Why sell? Perhaps he could set up a blind trust, or form LLC, or even get an exclusion agreement with future partner that only renewals are generated by current contracts, no new business.

I'm sure without activity those contracts will term him. See a lawyer.

What's the lawyer going to do? Sometimes I get confused about when people want to use attorneys.

Back