Looking to Sell My Medicare Book of Business!!

Phillyinsuranceguy17 said:
Thanks to everyone who responded. After checking my agreements and contracts, we verified that I own the business generated and I actually got lucky because the person who bought my book agreed to keep the book with our FMO so it was a nice transition. We did very well and again I thank everyone for their responses.

Sooooooooooooo, how much did you get for it?

It's the same reason people "borrow" money - they need money for something now. Certainly you wouldn't sell renewals if you don't need the money - but if you need capital (and we all know banks probably won't lend us money with commissions as collateral) selling some of your renewal commissions isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Suppose you retire or at least quit working. The renewal stream will normally be a lot more that 2-3X annual. You'll need money then unless you're dead. May as well not sell. Sny service work will be with clients who approach being friends so again, why sell.

I remember from when I was new. This one agent would drive his motor home around the country & mail in or drop off a bunch of apps then take off again. He sold more not working than most people sell working. Large contracts mostly but he'd moved on to taking care of the grandchildren of clients who also tended to be successful.

We were just a one night stand, for him.. He didn't even kiss us good bye. And the phone number he gave us was to the pizza hut... I feel so used.

Back