Newbies, Buy This Book!!!!

I think the wedge is a must read for any professional salesman.

I started this thread in 2010 and I was told by many that I would be out of the business in 6 months. I guess the Wedge was worth the investment LOL:D

It's now been over 3 and 1/2 years since this was written. Are you still of the same opinion that the Wedge is a must read? Are you still using those tactics yourself?

I think it is a must read but I will qualify it by saying this. The Sandler Selling System teaches a similar technique so if you have been involved with Sandler you have some idea of the concept. If you sell P&C, Group Health, Group Benefits, or 401Ks it is a must. If you are selling something like FE it is not as applicable but in any situation where you are dealing with an intrenched current provider or competitive bid.

"I started this thread in 2010 and I was told by many that I would be out of the business in 6 months. I guess the Wedge was worth the investment LOL"
I read through the whole thread and not one person even intimated that you would be out of the biz in 6 months. Most agreed that it's a good book.

Of course, negative comments could have been removed.

I'm happy that you are still doing this and also became an EMT. It definitely shows you are someone who should be admired. Great job!

True. Now, I don't mean to confuse anyone because cold-calling does work. I went BtoB and will put BtoB against anyone's marketing strategy.

But there's a reason some people think BtoB is "horrible." They're back in the old sales mentality of "everyone's a prospect." No. Everyone's not a prospect.

When I went BtoB I was looking for owners that had a genuine interest in what I was offering. That's a big difference between standing toe to toe with every business owner and launching into a sale pitch.

I am quite new here, can anyone explain what btob is?

Back