Want to Sell Book of Business...

Good luck with that. As has already been stated, most people with MA plans rarely stay on the same plan. I wouldn't pay you one year's worth of renewals on MA plans. If they were Med Supps, you could get the 2-3 times figure (assuming they were less than 3 years old), but not with MA plans.

I have found that my lapse ratio with MA's is pretty close to that of my Med Supps. I guess that may be due to keeping in touch with clients during the AEP to see if they have any concerns about the plan. The lapse ratio for MA plans will probably decrease now that there isn't an OEP anymore.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Give TWG Capital a call.

Thanks for actually giving me the information I was looking for...i appreciate it.

Last edited:
Sherlock,
what doesn't smell right to you? The "iffy" future of MA plans is one reason I would want to sell them, among other things. I didn't know I had to give an entire explanation for wanting to sell them. Maybe my 3 year old son has had some serious health issues and I need some extra money from time off work and medical expenses. I was asking if anyone knew of any companies that bought renewals. Of course I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel it was a fair offer.

So let me get this straight...

You want to sell something you feel has an uncertain value and expect top dollar for it? Not only that, you are upset that no one is lining up to buy it?

Ok, lets just start over here. If you read my initial question I was not asking for anyone on here to make an offer to buy. I wasn't asking what anyone thought they were worth. I was simply asking if you knew of any companies that might be interested in something like that.

I didn't know that I was required to answer questions on here just because "several" people asked. And of course I want top dollar, doesn't everyone look for the best offer they can get when selling anything. I did get one contact from this post so I guess I did get what I was looking for.

If anyone knows of any other contacts for selling renewals please let me know.

no the 2011 renewals are paid monthly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All renewals have an uncertain value. I'm not upset that no one is lining up to buy it. I'm upset that no one is actually answering my question. I'm looking for companies that buy renewals. Whenever anyone sells anything don't they always look for the most they can get out of it?

Last edited:
All renewals have an uncertain value. I'm not upset that no one is lining up to buy it. I'm upset that no one is actually answering my question. I'm looking for companies that buy renewals. Whenever anyone sells anything don't they always look for the most they can get out of it?

Considering most agents don't sell their renewals, I don't think you're going to get a ton of help.

You could call the insurance company and see if they'd give you present value of your renewals. But this strikes me as selling a beer factory just before Prohibition takes effect. Just based on what I've seen here in Tennessee from a non-interested party, I wouldn't give you more than .5 to 1 times annual income. Too many companies drop out make changes, etc, and its too hard to call them for cross-sells due to CMS rules.

Considering most agents don't sell their renewals, I don't think you're going to get a ton of help.

You could call the insurance company and see if they'd give you present value of your renewals. But this strikes me as selling a beer factory just before Prohibition takes effect. Just based on what I've seen here in Tennessee from a non-interested party, I wouldn't give you more than .5 to 1 times annual income. Too many companies drop out make changes, etc, and its too hard to call them for cross-sells due to CMS rules.

Again, I'm not interested at all in what you would give me. Let me rephrase my original question entirely.

Does anyone know of any companies that buy insurance renewals?

I only care about what they may pay me. Thanks for your opinion though. You are probably right that I wouldn't get much for them. I just wanted to see if I got any offers that I felt were fair.

Again, I'm not interested at all in what you would give me. Let me rephrase my original question entirely.

Does anyone know of any companies that buy insurance renewals?

I only care about what they may pay me. Thanks for your opinion though. You are probably right that I wouldn't get much for them. I just wanted to see if I got any offers that I felt were fair.

As stated before, call TWG Capital.

I hope this company can help you out.

Back