Wanting to Buy an Agency

Cjp231

I am an independent agent in Florida. Looking to purchase an independent agency in Florida or almost any other state. However, to my surprise I am having a hard time finding independent agencies for sale. Does anyone know of a place where I could find some? I have found listing for Allstate agencies and there are lots of them, but none for independents.

Also, I would be very interested in talking with someone who is looking to sell their agency but would like to continue to make income from it. What I would really like to do is come in as a partner and then purchase the book over a 5-10 year span. I have great credit and 4 years experience as a PC agent. Ex Military with a degree in Finance. I currently own an agency I started from scratch and I am realizing that I am still a long way from making a decent income. So I am looking at all my options. PM I'd love to talk about all situations.

My favorite source for insurance agencies for sale is agencies4salelistings dot com. It does have a lot of Allstate agencies listed but there are some good independents as well. They also have a section were you can list what you are looking for and have sellers contact you.

Sometimes I see independents listed on bizbuysell dot com. Searching Craig's List can be time consuming but sometimes there are some gems listed on there.

i have an attorney who has a list. i think it is a good idea and a great time to buy a p&c agency. i think one of the main p&c firms for sale is allstate.

How does your attorney get the list.I have been looking to purchase either book or agency w/o luck for 2 years.
Those listing agencies do not list small agencies.I have not seen one yet.

Yeah, google p&c insurance agencies for sale. I believe the second listing on google is a 3rd party. Never dealt with them but just briefly researched the idea.

Hi Cjp 231,

I am looking to work with an independent agency in Florida. We want to supplement P&C to our existing clients. Can you email me your contact information at leichang@hotmail to see if there is a possible partnership? Thanks.

Hi Cjp 231,

I am looking to work with an independent agency in Florida. We want to supplement P&C to our existing clients. Can you email me your contact information at leichang@hotmail to see if there is a possible partnership? Thanks.

If you are local in Florida, why go outside of your area to find a partnership? If you are not in Florida, why you think you can offer your client P&C in Florida? My point is that you already have a lot of opportunities locally. Do it well locally and then expand nationally.

I've been looking too. There are often listings on Craigslist under Businesses for Sale. Pickings have been really slim on the agencies4salelistings.com site lately.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Back