12/03/2011 Cold Calling!

Im guessing just my number. I only call on leads and seem to get a hold of most of them one way or another

The best script is the one you have a hand in writing and remember to name brand.

I'd be negligent to not disagree with you about that. There are plenty of bad scripts people will right. Not to say that everyone will do a poor job, but many people are better off using a script developed by someone with more abilities than their own.

I'd be negligent to not disagree with you about that. There are plenty of bad scripts people will right. Not to say that everyone will do a poor job, but many people are better off using a script developed by someone with more abilities than their own.

I totally agree. Every time an agent sends someone a "script" they always say, "this is what I say, read it over and put it in your own words". That is usually a huge mistake. They always end up messing it up.

I suggest an agent learn what I say, exactly the way I say it and have it down so pat and conversational that it really does sound like them saying it and saying it for the very first time. It takes lots of practice to learn to use the phone correctly.

There are specific words that are designed to trigger the response the agent needs. Most agents will make the initial part of the phone call way too long and ask too many questions that they don't know the answer to and in doing so allow the prospect to take control of the call.

If the agent doesn't know how to maintain control of the call and allows the prospect to take control chances are that the call will not be a successful one. The agent is typically going to lose control by permitting the prospect to say, "I'm not interested". At that point the agent is going to have a very difficult time trying to regain control.

Frank you make a very good point. As an agent who has not logged as much cold calling as yourself, can you explain how to avoid that situation.

Latest posts

Back