3 Success Stories

LOL. I would, except I'm sending my vehicles to him soon and he's my boss' s client so no good would come from that. Rob, where in the great state on indiana are you?

I'll have to come harass you one time when we go up to Indy to see family!

Just wanted to add to this post in hopes that it'll help other new agents in their grind. Had squat the past few days in cold calling contractors. Today, spoke to 2 contractors. 1 is pissed at his current agency as they drop the ball on getting his certificates out when needed and the other does insulation work and thought he was stuck with the agency he's had for past 11 years as few companies will insurance insulators.

Both of these will be pretty small I'm sure, as both are 1 man shops. But hey, have to start somewhere and get that ball rolling. Keep dailing and keep your chin up, unless your in Southern Indiana. If so, cold calling doesn't work so you should stop and just play on Facebook all day long!

Wrote my 2nd largest Commercial P&C client yesterday. I say wrote, but it is merely an agent of record form change. We showed him about $3000 in discounts his current agency had somehow forgotten to offer him and used that to wedge apart the current relationship. Landed this account because of cold calling. First call was back in November of 2014. Touched base with him as we got closer to his renewal and mailed him my business card. Sure, it took time and was a bit of work. But it's a client I may otherwise not have gotten this soon or even at all had I not picked up the phone. Back to dialing. Have a great weekend!

Wrote my 2nd largest Commercial P&C client yesterday. I say wrote, but it is merely an agent of record form change. We showed him about $3000 in discounts his current agency had somehow forgotten to offer him and used that to wedge apart the current relationship. Landed this account because of cold calling. First call was back in November of 2014. Touched base with him as we got closer to his renewal and mailed him my business card. Sure, it took time and was a bit of work. But it's a client I may otherwise not have gotten this soon or even at all had I not picked up the phone. Back to dialing. Have a great weekend!

Congratulations. Keep up the good work. Your stint at NYL has paid off by giving you phone experience.

LOL! That it did. Though I have to say calling on P&C is 10x easier and a lot less stressful when doing so for an Indy that is focused on helping clients, instead of solely on sales numbers. Again Xrac, I can't thank you enough for hooking me up with this opportunity!

Are you guys purchasing specific lists or just calling business out the phone book?

I have my assistant cold call from the yellow pages when she has down time. So far its pretty much only data fishing that I am getting from it. Pretty much I would say she spent about 10 hours the last few days calling and got no appointments or requests for quotes/more information.

Are you guys purchasing specific lists or just calling business out the phone book?

I have my assistant cold call from the yellow pages when she has down time. So far its pretty much only data fishing that I am getting from it. Pretty much I would say she spent about 10 hours the last few days calling and got no appointments or requests for quotes/more information.
I would imagine their calling x-date lists.

I'm calling from a business list without X-date info. It's going to take time for you to get results. I just had a business owner this morning reach out to me for a time this week to look over his insurance. I first cold called him back in November and have spoken with him 2 or 3 times and left several voicemails. That first call is opening the door for future communication. Hopefully you can get X-date and/or their current company/agent on the first call. If not, you keep in touch. I've noticed my confidence is much higher on that 2nd call because I'm leading with we talked back at such and such time and I said I would call again closer to renewal or whenever was a better time.

Heather, have you done any of the calling with your assistant? If you haven't trained her or she doesn't have experience doing it, you're not going to see results right of the bat. Cold calling can be very daunting. How much cold calling is she actually doing and are there any incentives for her to be successful at cold calling? If she's getting paid hourly regardless, with no bonus or extra for the cold calling, you're likely not going to see results from her. Is she keeping track of the calls and noting what was covered. If she is not using a CRM for future contact, it's a waste of time and money for you both.

Back