3 Success Stories

Indiana_Adam

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just wanted to share 3 quick stories about how cold calling does work. Granted, I'm calling for commercial property & casualty right now, which may be a bit easier than other areas. Keep in mind I'm building a book of business from scratch with a local independent office and been here just 4 months now

My first decent size account was a summer camp. I cold called beginning of October. It was just the right time! They had a new director, current agent was based in a different state, and they had a Nov. 1 renewal date. Saved them a little over 10% on annual premium and got them better coverage.

Recently wrote a local restaurant from a cold call. It helped that I frequent this place weekly, but I'd never met the owner as they aren't involved in day to day due to their other business. Fast forward 1 month and I'm now writing the other business, which is a larger account than the restaurant and summer camp combined.

Lastly, I have an appointment to go over proposals next week with a local contractor(this would be my largest account thus far-just shy of 70K in annual premium). Cold called about 2 weeks ago. They have a January 1 renewal date and had a few bad workers comp claims that are jacking their rates up. Believe it is a long shot, but the point is the cold call got me in the door.

So it does work.

Those prospects who have said they're happy now will get called back in a few months. I've only dialed through about 450 numbers thus far. I'm finger dialing all at this point and noting everything in Outlook for future contact. I also doubt I'm near as good on the phone as some of the folks on this forum. The point is, it does work. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Congratulations. That is excellent news. keep on grinding. I would be interested in what your script is like when cold calling.

Glad to hear that things are going well. I know Brad was speaking good things about you this week. He is glad you are on board. Merry Christmas!

Xrac, I can't thank you enough! If not for you, I wouldn't even have this great opportunity! So thank you!

Kramminn, the script I use I took from a post on here. Believe it was posted by EmptyEternity.

This is Adam with (Agency) here in (town/city). We insure preferred (industry/business - I'm using contractors right now) here in the area and we would love to be your agency. What would it take to make that happen? then SHUT UP and let them speak.

If they're happy or not interested, great, move on to the next. I make no attempt to overcome objections. I do ask them if they know when their policies renew for future contact.

I do leave a message when reaching voicemail. I just say the same thing, but phrase it "We would love to be your agency and I just wanted to know what it would take to make that happen" Then leave call back info. At least that way when I call in the future, they may be a little bit more familiar with me.

Xrac, I can't thank you enough! If not for you, I wouldn't even have this great opportunity! So thank you!

Kramminn, the script I use I took from a post on here. Believe it was posted by EmptyEternity.

This is Adam with (Agency) here in (town/city). We insure preferred (industry/business - I'm using contractors right now) here in the area and we would love to be your agency. What would it take to make that happen? then SHUT UP and let them speak.

If they're happy or not interested, great, move on to the next. I make no attempt to overcome objections. I do ask them if they know when their policies renew for future contact.

Hey! Let's leave Justin out of this. I posted that script:

Ron Van D on Cold Calling for Auto - Insurance Forum

State: Ron Van D is an Insurance Agent from Indiana

Cold Calling for Auto Re: Cold Calling for Auto Go to Top
The best cold call I ever received (IMHO) went like this:

Hi, this is _____ from Warner Ins, over here on 5th Street. We insure preferred homes and autos in the area and we'd like to be your insurance agency.

What would it take to make that happen?

I like this approach because it gives them a chance to think about, and tell you, exactly what they want. I decided to quiz the TM a little bit and she told me that she called for 2 hours, two days a week and usually got 7-10 requests for a quote per session.

I do leave a message when reaching voicemail. I just say the same thing, but phrase it "We would love to be your agency and I just wanted to know what it would take to make that happen" Then leave call back info. At least that way when I call in the future, they may be a little bit more familiar with me.

Glad to see it's working for you.

Sorry bout that Rob. I misattributed that. I went through my first 500 like that. Going to switch it up a bit on this next 500 and try to overcome the first objection. Next group starts today.

Back