5 Scripts To Overcome "just Send Me Your Info" Objection

Before I can just send you some information, I need to ask you a few questions 1st, I promised it will only take a couple of seconds.

How old are you, are you married, how tall are you, how much you weigh....etc. (qualify your client)

then go back and turn it around to schedule an appt with them.

if they dont go along with it, then move on to the next person. :laugh:

Here is an article I came across with 5 different rebuttals to "just send me your info" that I thought might be of interest to some agents:

http://www.salesgravy.com/sales-articles/objections/5-scripts-to-overcome-the-just-send-your-material-objection.html

Let me know your feedback. What are your thoughts about these rebuttals? What do you say when you hear this objection? Do you use or have you heard of some other rebuttals to this objection that you like?
I like this article. Because our products are customizable and we have so many options, it would be useless to just send information, so this article has some good suggestions for responses to this objection.

Someone told me you could use sendoutcards.com to really send these people some info. Now if they already received a mailer, then your response should be, "We did, you filled it out and sent it back. We're you wanting this info for you or someone else?"

But you could mail them out a card using SOC and ask them the health questions. I doubt you would get a good response as this objection is usually a blow off. But for <$1.50 it could have a good ROI. You call them back in a week or so and ask if they received the info.

Like I said I don't think the response would be great. Somebody with a bigger marketing budget should try it out.

If they ask you to send some information, another option would be to ask them (after you determine what you're sending) if you can contact them a week later, after they receive it. If they say yes, you're golden and probably have a good lead there. Drive by and door knock and tell them you were in the area. If they say no, forget them and move on (and save your postage).

Last edited:
I like pcb's idea as well as the one responding "sure, what's your e-mail address, please?" Otherwise it's back to "some do, some don't, so what? Next!"

In response to not knowing anyone that's been in the biz for many years who cold calls, and I really mean face to face, there are many successful ones - very successful. Generally the ones who say they strictly work referrals are really working on conversions and annual reviews. I've been in this business since 1978.

Gotta love the guy giving advice in the cold calling forum who doesn't cold call or prospect.

Just because I don't presently cold call doesn't mean I don't have ample experience. You seem to be a new person on the forum,welcome.

The OP's question was NOT about cold calling. I was about "just mail me some info" rebuttals. I hear plenty of those every week.

Besides, I was answering a direct question....didn't you notice?

What advice can you give? Hmmm?

Last edited:
I'm with Somarco - when someone wants something sent (usually they are a warm lead or referral in my case) - I send it. I also use appointment cards via "snail mail". In the Medicare market I find this works especially well - never have a 'no show'.

When I started in the business I was given a sales script to memorize, a flip chart (You'll Earn a Fortune), a list of power phrases, and ways to overcome objections.

I don't use any of that any more and when someone asks for rates and information, I send it to them.

The odd thing is, most of the folks that ask for rates eventually come back and ask what they need to do to purchase the product.

That happened today. A guy that has been messing with me for over a month, asking for all kinds of details, and I had decided to write him off. Came real close to sending him a Dear John email earlier in the week.

Glad I didn't.

I have said this before, but what works for me may not work for everyone. I never hard sell, never trial close, never handle objections and most of the folks I talk to eventually buy.

The reason this works, is because you found out what they wanted and you gave it to them. Some people, seriously, want information to compare plans (disclosure: I work in the medicare market. We have 18 MAPD's in my county and 30 PDP's, and tons of Med Supp options).

I probably ask more questions than most med supp / mapd guys. I'm constantly looking for what they want. Some people really want minimum premium with minimum coverage (I'm in this category for my own health insurance). Others want maximum coverage and are willing to pay for it.

If they want information, don't be afraid to ask a few questions to find out exactly what kind of information they want. Talk to them like humans and treat them as well as you can, and you'll make clients for life.

So right Scott! I do a lot of Medicare and people do want information prior to the appointment. I too ask a lot of questions. I also have "introductory" materials, that I send someone who has called really early (way before they turn 65). Usually at this point, someone is just beginning to do their research and once I send my packet to them, then I become their "go to" source for all of their questions going forward. This has worked extremely well for me & usually almost always results in a sale.

Back