Aged Lead Script

"By the way, you have been doing this how long? yea, thats what i thought"

Funny John when a few threads ago I posted on you mention that you wanted to recruit me and praised my knowledge.

Now because I don't agree with you your response is to name call and try to belittle my skills.

Any true salesman knows these used car sales tactics are the sign of a low level sales person.

Its obvious your intent is to mislead the prospect in the opening statement to think you are something you are not with the insurance protection center phrase.

You guys are even joking about it now so you obviously know its bs.

Hey if you actually called your company that and marketed with that name then more power to you. ...But thats not the case here.

I am done. ...wasted more time than I should have with this already.

Dstrack,

You do know we are selling LIFE INSURANCE, the most hated, misunderstood, mistrusted, least respected and most feared sale profession in the entire world. In many cases we are even lower than used car salesmen. All this despite, state certification, training, licensing, appointments, background checks. Far more than any other sales profession except financial services such as variables and stockbrokers. And yet:

We sell a product that most people really really need. Are irresponsible if they don't have it, and destroy lives if they die unprepared, along with pain, anguish and financial hardship on their loved ones.

My point? You absolutely have to soft touch your way into a conversation. I'll be honest, if you don't understand this, your not selling life insurance.

I am a true believer in life insurance. I carry as much as I can afford in various ways to protect my kids, my wife, my family and my assets. If I die today, my family will be okay.

You don't sound like a true believer. Maybe you should switch to P&C or Health. Might be more your style.

"By the way, you have been doing this how long? yea, thats what i thought"

Funny John when a few threads ago I posted on you mention that you wanted to recruit me and praised my knowledge.

Now because I don't agree with you your response is to name call and try to belittle my skills.

Any true salesman knows these used car sales tactics are the sign of a low level sales person.

Its obvious your intent is to mislead the prospect in the opening statement to think you are something you are not with the insurance protection center phrase.

You guys are even joking about it now so you obviously know its bs.

Hey if you actually called your company that and marketed with that name then more power to you. ...But thats not the case here.

I am done. ...wasted more time than I should have with this already.

You got me dude, you have me all figured out, I revoke my previous impression of you. You are clearly a cry baby who is gonna have his arse handed to him in FE. I've written nearly $100k part time this year, with above 85% persistency! wanna compare pedigrees or wanker sizes? I can do that to, but wait I forgot your done:D

Yes it's obvious your as done as a cooked turkey. Seriously man, you got that pissed over some comments? Wow, I really didn't mean to upset you.

By the way...the recruiting comment was obviously a joke and you missed it, right over your fat head. I don't recruit and most here know this, the truth is once I wrote that everyone was laughing.......at you.

Jbbarea,

I understand what you are saying. Trust me I really get it. Been in sales for over 20 years and I have sold all kinds of **** people despised. I sold office supplies door to door in Chicago winter.

All I am saying is us guys that have the ability to help others on this forum should do so. I take this to heart. Its always best for our industry if we can be honest and truthful. I was a newby that would do anything, say whatever just to get a sale because I didn't know any better. No one showed me a better way.

Some of the posts strike a chord we me because I know you vets on here can really help the up and comers.

...I guess what I am saying is can't we be a better example than to train people its ok to use white lies? Doesn't matter what industry. You can be successful without it. Why do it?

Yes you need to learn more about true sales psychology and how to build credibility and such but you don't need to fib.

I'll tell you right now one of the best truthful ways I always open with is to throw the insurance industry under the bus. Be the one that connects with them and bonds over the enemy of the insurance industry, companies, and terrible pushy out for themselves sales people that they have dealt with in the past. Be the one that stands against all that crap WITH them.

I do this in my first two sentences when talking to a new prospect.

It works better for me than creating false credibility and authority. This is TRUE credibility and authority

----------

Way to be mature John. I didn't realize we are still in high school. I bet your dad could kick my dads ass too!

Last edited:
Jbbarea,

I understand what you are saying. Trust me I really get it. Been in sales for over 20 years and I have sold all kinds of **** people despised. I sold office supplies door to door in Chicago winter.

All I am saying is us guys that have the ability to help others on this forum should do so. I take this to heart. Its always best for our industry if we can be honest and truthful. I was a newby that would do anything, say whatever just to get a sale because I didn't know any better. No one showed me a better way.

Some of the posts strike a chord we me because I know you vets on here can really help the up and comers.

...I guess what I am saying is can't we be a better example than to train people its ok to use white lies? Doesn't matter what industry. You can be successful without it. Why do it?

Yes you need to learn more about true sales psychology and how to build credibility and such but you don't need to fib.

I'll tell you right now one of the best truthful ways I always open with is to throw the insurance industry under the bus. Be the one that connects with them and bonds over the enemy of the insurance industry, companies, and terrible pushy out for themselves sales people that they have dealt with in the past. Be the one that stands against all that crap WITH them.

I do this in my first two sentences when talking to a new prospect.

It works better for me than creating false credibility and authority. This is TRUE credibility and authority.

----------

Way to be mature John. I didn't realize we are still in high school. I bet your dad could kick my dads ass too!

I think he did....and kicked sand in his face. So what's the problem?

"I always open with is to throw the insurance industry under the bus. Be the one that connects with them and bonds over the enemy of the insurance industry..."

You do this and you have a problem with someone saying they are with the "Insurance Protection Center"???

:err:

Jbbarea,

!

You know, I was with you about telling the truth, no white lies, etc.

Then you came up with this.

The insurance companies are the enemy? Insurance sales people are out for themselves? Truth is, most of the agents I've met in my 12 years in this business have been completely honest and got into this business, and remain in this business, not only for the compensation, but the satisfaction of doing good for people. There have been some under-educated agents who should know better, but I haven't seen that agents have purposely sold an unsuitable product to anyone just to make a buck or two. I'm sure it happens; I'm not that naïve. For the most part, and you see it in the posts on this site, agents in the whole are good hearted people trying to do good - and yes, make a buck doing it.

"I always open with is to throw the insurance industry under the bus. Be the one that connects with them and bonds over the enemy of the insurance industry..."

You do this and you have a problem with someone saying they are with the "Insurance Protection Center"???

:err:

I deserve that. I would say the same thing if I were you. Let me explain...

I was in a hurry in my last post and obviously did not give enough context. Throw the industry under the bus is not literal... Its a term used by sales trainer Tom Freese. You can Amazon search him and read his books.

Just as Jbbarea stated "You do know we are selling LIFE INSURANCE, the most hated, misunderstood, mistrusted, least respected and most feared sale profession in the entire world." Every industry has negative stereotypes.

This is simply calling out those negative stereotypes and letting the prospect know you are aware of how they feel about them and you will not take them down those paths. This positions you as a champion and prospect advocate.

Its not bashing anyone or anything... Its just calling out the common concerns that all prospects have. The concern may be actual things that happened in the past or they may be totally false ideas/concerns that plague the industry.

I have worked personally with 4 top sales trainers and read over 82 sales books. I say this so you know I have heard and tried a lot of things in my presentations.

This one technique is hands down the biggest game changer I have tested. It really is amazing how the prospect sees you as different and one of the guys who "gets it".

I deserve that. I would say the same thing if I were you. Let me explain...

I was in a hurry in my last post and obviously did not give enough context. Throw the industry under the bus is not literal... Its a term used by sales trainer Tom Freese. You can Amazon search him and read his books.

Just as Jbbarea stated "You do know we are selling LIFE INSURANCE, the most hated, misunderstood, mistrusted, least respected and most feared sale profession in the entire world." Every industry has negative stereotypes.

This is simply calling out those negative stereotypes and letting the prospect know you are aware of how they feel about them and you will not take them down those paths. This positions you as a champion and prospect advocate.

Its not bashing anyone or anything... Its just calling out the common concerns that all prospects have. The concern may be actual things that happened in the past or they may be totally false ideas/concerns that plague the industry.

I have worked personally with 4 top sales trainers and read over 82 sales books. I say this so you know I have heard and tried a lot of things in my presentations.

This one technique is hands down the biggest game changer I have tested. It really is amazing how the prospect sees you as different and one of the guys who "gets it".

That's all great but I thought you were done. 82 books, wow that's impressive, can I recruit you?

This is not directed to anyone in particular, but I'm proud as hell to call myself a life insurance agent. When people tell me " I don't want no insurance....." I ask a simple: why? There is no good reason not to have it. But we have to get them to engage. And that can be very very hard. Of all the things we do that might be the hardest. Closing is easy once your in there home if there is a need, money , and writable health.

Back