Aged Lead Script

Throw the industry under the bus is not literal...

Thanks for clarifying that. :nah:

That is a terrible thing to do. You make up a bunch of BS rules and then find an out for yourself. You do harm to people by spreading lies that keep people from buying a basic good, life insurance, to fill your pockets, yet you have the audacity to call others liars. Although the Insurance Protection Center is misleading, at least they accomplish a good thing unlike you.

Thanks for clarifying that. :nah:

That is a terrible thing to do. You make up a bunch of BS rules and then find an out for yourself. You do harm to people by spreading lies that keep people from buying a basic good, life insurance, to fill your pockets, yet you have the audacity to call others liars. Although the Insurance Protection Center is misleading, at least they accomplish a good thing unlike you.

Your way off base... Thats ok, I understand you are not here with me seeing what I do day to day.

The whole "throw the industry under the bus" thing obviously has a negative connotation. Learn what it actually is before you roast me. I did my best to try and explain a multiple chapter topic with brevity.

I am not interested in making up rules or giving myself an out. I could really care less what a bunch of bullies who openly lie in their presentation think about me. Its obvious they want to roast me because I called them out.

Thats fine... Its a free speech board so roast away.

----------

Found this... Maybe it will do a better job at explaining than I did.

Sell Yourself First outlines how salespeople can demonstrate these intangibles to establish their credibility. The first step, according to Freese, is to deal with "the elephant in the room": a customer's natural skepticism about salespeople and their products. The best salespeople will point to the elephant in the room and verbalize what the customer is already thinking.

For example, most people have had problems in the past with contractors, from the local handyman hired to finish the basement to the developer building a new house. The industry's poor reputation is the elephant in the room. Therefore, Freese writes, a contractor trying to close a sale should, in his terms, "throw the industry under a bus," when he or she first talks to the customer.

The goal is not to sling mud at named competitors — this is a defensive move that reflects weakness. Instead, the contractor should acknowledge the problems in the industry, and explain that his or her company operates differently.

It's About the Customer

I've been working aged internet leads, so I wanted to weigh-in on this topic. Here's the script I use. I'm cautious to call it a "script" because I want to sound conversational with the prospect. Anyway, here it goes:

"Hello, ______________, this is ____ from XYZ Agency in (your home town)"

"I’m calling with the health insurance information you requested recently. I wanted to make sure you found the right coverage. The information in front of me says you’re looking for ____________________, is that correct?"

If YES:

"That’s great because I have a selection of health plans from Indiana’s most popular companies that look like they could be a good fit for you. We can get into the details of those if you like, but first I want to answer any questions you might have about health insurance."

And ask them questions, like: How’s your health?

Then go to If QUOTES are requested (below)

If NO or NOT INTERESTED:

"That’s fine. It’s always a good idea to check into your options from time to time. I’d like to be here for you if later on you want to learn more about your health options. Would you like it if I checked back in with you sometime in the future? When do you think would be the best time for me to touch base with you about your health insurance needs? Is a phone call best, or email?"

If UNSURE or needs more time:

"I agree you should take time to go over your options. When is a good time for me to follow up with you? Is next Wednesday or Thursday afternoon fine? Do you prefer me to give you a call, or send an email?"

If QUOTES are requested:

"Based on what you’ve just told me, I can email your rates and information of a few plans I think you’ll like. If you want I can talk you through each one over the phone, or you can take a look at them at your own pace."

With quoting tools and the ability to send quotes and the application already pre-populated with the prospect"s info instantly, you build credibility. You also give them an immediate answer so they can't say they don't remember getting anything. :biggrin:

Just call like it's a new lead. Set an appointment. Most of the other agents only call the number once then give up. I've called my own aged leads 2-3 months later and they behave like they were looking just yesterday. Even the people who screen the numbers. Wait 3 weeks and call again. They answer and then either say no or set an appointment.

Make sure you dial at different times on different days. And dial at least 7 times. I find most of leads pick up after the 5th try. They're busy like you.

Forget about them calling back. I leave a message once but they never call back. The message is just and intro for me. It differentiates my number from the weird mystery numbers calling 10 times a day (all 10 are usually during dinner or when they're putting kids to bed), and it makes me human.

I don't embellish my script. It works for some guys in my office but not for me. I do share my leads if they're not working for me. They other guy sometimes has a better script and embellishes. We then split the case.

Latest posts

Back