Anyone Using Manta?

harold

Expert
What has your experience been? Is it accurate? Ive heard some people say the names of key people are wrong, and I looked up a couple businesses that I know were not doing as much revenue as it said they were on Manta. They have a service for 99 a month that gives you a listing of all new businesses, was thinking about signing up for it just wanted to see if anyone was already using it.

What has your experience been? Is it accurate? Ive heard some people say the names of key people are wrong, and I looked up a couple businesses that I know were not doing as much revenue as it said they were on Manta. They have a service for 99 a month that gives you a listing of all new businesses, was thinking about signing up for it just wanted to see if anyone was already using it.

Never found it to be all that accurate.

never understood why people would pay for inclusion into a site like that... i'll take all the free listings i can get for backlink credit, but that's about it

I've used it before to compile health insurance lists, but didn't find it to be particularly accurate. I'm not sure how they source their data, but one thing that is neat about them is that they business owners themselves can put the information up. If Bob's Electric had Bob on their talking about why he's different, I would venture to say it's a pretty accurate listing.

There was another thread recently about new phone connects for business and as someone accurately pointed out, when they opened their business line, they were more than a little annoyed by the piles of phone calls that came in.

You can access infoUSA through your local library for free. It is about as accurate as any database is going to be in this current economic climate.

How much have you tried this personally?

I just tried it out and my library only lets folks download 25 records/search; I'm not sure how that balances out against other library subscriptions, but that is somewhat of a limitation.

On the consumer side it has the same limitation, but they are also not scrubbed against the DNC and have limited filters.

@Sales71: if an agent is using a dialer and is trying to work the numbers game by cold calling, it would appear that "free" would not be the best price.

Don't get me wrong, especially for a new agent on a limited budget or someone looking to dabble around in b2b calling, this seems like a decent service, but for the amount of time it would take to pull a list it seems like mowing your lawn with scissors because then you don't have to pay for gas or a lawn mower.

@medicareplansolutions I have that limit to but what you do is sort it in alphabetical order by last name and then select the 25 you want to download export to excel as a .csv file and then just click back on your button browser...and then unselect the 25 and then go to the next page by clicking on the arrow and reselect 25 new ones and like that. If you sort by last name its easier to keep track. I can send you and email with pictures I did for a company that I taught them how to use it...

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like a lot more hassle than it's worth.

Back