Auto Dialer

rgeorgi3

Indiana
Been discussing with my boss about the possibility of giving an autodialer a try. Have heard some great things about them as far as closing more deals and getting ahold of more people on a daily basis.

Was just wondering if these stories were just a bunch of hype or if they can offer real results.

Also we are both unfamiliar with them and not exactly sure how they work lol. So info on that side of them as well would be great.

Thanks

An autodialer does voice broacasting/robo calls/press one type stuff, b2c that's illegal as of Sept 1, 2009, b2b it's legal, just generally extremely ineffective.

A power dialer helps you stay organized and make more calls, it's just a tool. The 400 calls per hour thing is mostly hype (but true). In application it'll make cold calling easier and you'll legitimately make two or three times as many calls, but that's more a combination of being more focused and using time better, if cold calling wasn't working at all it won't change that, if it was working at least a little bit, it can make a difference for sure. A dialer also makes it easier to remotely manage telemarketers (or even the ones in your office). The main component of that is it's loading the numbers and just going through them, on b2b you're generally going to want to stay on a single line, on b2c 2 or 3.

...b2c that's illegal as of Sept 1, 2009...on b2c 2 or 3.
Be careful, this guy sells auto-dialers and he just contradicted himself. Nice guy, thought, as far as I know (I don't know him).

Just remember, they are ILLEGAL for calling consumers at home. And will probably just irritate business owners.

But, to each his own.

Be careful, this guy sells auto-dialers and he just contradicted himself. Nice guy, thought, as far as I know (I don't know him).

Just remember, they are ILLEGAL for calling consumers at home. And will probably just irritate business owners.

But, to each his own.

The dialer I primarily offer is is used for power dialing which is legal.

Semantics. Powerdialer, Queerdialer, whatever, I know nothing about them. I just know it's illegal to dial folks at home who are on the DNC list (most), so good luck with that. It's not really enforced by the pansies at the FTC but it HAS been enforced by private attorneys, and fines have been levied. Doesn't mean I agree with it, I'm a patriot (see avatar on left) and think anyone should be able to call anyone else by any means and for whatever reason. If the other person doesn't like it, they can just hang up; I do it all the time.

Josh, perhaps a detailed explanation and the geeky ins and outs of dialers would be in order here (or point to the post if one already exists).

I'm old school. I have this square box thingie that has buttons on it with numbers. If I push the right numbers (that someone has given me, or I know via a business relationship, unless, of course, it IS a business [which, I don't call businesses - figger that'n out], this magic box will connect me to a person who has a box similar to mine, and I can strike up a friendly conversation. My grandma used to do it all day, that's how come I know how. :goofy:

Anyway, be careful out there, we have a regime in power that now knows NO boundaries, now that they aren't worried about another election, or probably any elections again, ever. Wouldn't want to be "bothering" their constituency and future pool of Obamacare "clients" and whatever else they come up with. We still have Pelosi too, remember? Even THEY won't know what they've done until AFTER they've passed it, THEN we can read about it and see what it was that was rammed down, er, passed.

I will add this. I'm a little peeved at autodialers, because, although my home phone is on the DNC list, I get these calls all the time, and I know how they work. They waste my time when I say "hello" and no one responds because they are multi-dialing and got another hit and can't talk to two blokes at the same time. So, that's a two in one.

The idiots who DO get through are from out of state peddling FE and I take that as an assault on my "territory" (don't be calling my folks and peddling crap) and further it's an insult that they think I'm old. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Semantics. Powerdialer, Queerdialer, whatever, I know nothing about them. I just know it's illegal to dial folks at home who are on the DNC list (most), so good luck with that.

It does matter. It isn't just semantics. An autodialer is illegal irrespective of the indivudal being on the DNC list or not, absent their express interest in being robocalled, it's illegal. To your issue of the DNC list, that's a different point altogether.

Power dialers are simply a way of dialing out more lines at a time. Those are perfectly legal intrinsically. For the purposes of cold calling, the list needs to be scrubbed against the DNC registry, but if the numbers aren't on the DNC list then using a power dialer to connect with them is perfectly legit and perfectly legal in every state in this country.

In most areas with most products there are more people to call than an agent will ever get through, so in may respects the DNC limits what's available, but it's far from a deal breaker.

"this magic box will connect me to a person who has a box similar to mine, and I can strike up a friendly conversation."
Mr. Commandment #9:
Is it really a friendly conversation or are you trying to sell them something?

It does matter. It isn't just semantics. An autodialer is illegal irrespective of the indivudal being on the DNC list or not, absent their express interest in being robocalled, it's illegal......

Terminology will kill you here, because auto dialers are NOT illegal. Robo-dialers, calling consumers, without consent, are.

Auto-dialer is a very generic term, usually interpreted as something that dials a phone for you. Power dialers ARE auto-dialers. Predictive dialers ARE auto-dialers, etc.

So, to answer the original question:

A dialing system, where you are on the phone when someone says hello (or within 2-3 seconds), is allowed. The call list needs to be scrubbed against the DNC list (if calling consumers).

They will benefit you in the sense that they will make more dials per hour. They will not benefit you if you do not turn them on.

There are several dialers out there where you can sign up and pay by the hour without much overhead. Its a bit daunting to get started, but after you get going, its pretty easy.

The goal of the power dialer is to help you have more real conversations. It will not close any additional deals for you, that is still up to you to do. It actually does help you with rejection a bit, simply because its already dialing the next call. Get ready, because someone is answering..... SMILE!

If you have no success dialing by hand, then dialing by machine won't help much. 3 times nothing is still nothing. If you have some success, but feel you need more calls in the same time, then it might help.

It is not a secret sauce to a bad marketing plan. It is a nice addition to a good marketing plan.

Dan

Back