Beginner Questions - how Do I Start Calling/scrub/what's a Dialer Etc.

overdrive

I'm not in the insurance game per se like most here so forgive me for my ignorance but I am looking to start calling some numbers using ListShack and just wanted to find out how I can be compliant?

I don't really get how/what the easiest way is to scrub against the DNC? Do I need to scrub mobiles or landlines or both? Think I read if you manually dial mobiles it's ok?

Once I get the list of numbers I want to call, what do I do next?

I understand that once I get my SAN I can subscribe to just 5 areas or something on the DNC - does that mean that I can ONLY scrub against 5 areas and mean I will be restricted to calling only the areas I subscribe to?

I was hoping to call all over the US if possible without such limitations...

I see that some of these dialers have a built in DNC scrub function? Does that mean I just upload my list to the dialer and not have to worry at all about what numbers come up? Does it mean that it will still scrub numbers OUTSIDE of the 5 areas that I subscribed to when I got my SAN?

Just not sure how all this works really, what the easiest method is. It's just me making the calls. I don't want anything fancy, I need a US number and was thinking of just using Skype - I don't care about the CRM I'd rather just use Excel and track that way to be honest with you.

Many thanks for any advice in advance.

EDIT: Am I right in thinking I just download the DNC list based on the 5 areas I subscribe to via the DNC.gov website and THEN all the dialers or tools do will filter out the bad numbers?

Last edited:

I don't really get how/what the easiest way is to scrub against the DNC? Do I need to scrub mobiles or landlines or both? Think I read if you manually dial mobiles it's ok?

For the DNC there are paid services, but the freest way of doing it is to use this desktop software: Predictive Dialers System, Mortgage Automatic Dialer, Make My Calls. What you would do is download the suppression list from donotcall.gov and then load it along with your telemarketing list into that platform and then you can do the processing part of it on your computer for free.

If you're dialing without using an ATDS (automatic telephone dialing system) then you don't need to scrub against cell phones, otherwise you do. The easiest way to do both is use [email protected] because their platform does both.

Once I get the list of numbers I want to call, what do I do next?

Depends, if you use [email protected] you can just load it into that dialer and be off to the races.

I understand that once I get my SAN I can subscribe to just 5 areas or something on the DNC - does that mean that I can ONLY scrub against 5 areas and mean I will be restricted to calling only the areas I subscribe to?

You get five area codes for free, after that I think it's around $60/area code and the national license is around $16k. Realistically if you call through 5 area codes and can't justify spending $60 on another one, you probably aren't making any money so it's probably a problem that solves itself.

I see that some of these dialers have a built in DNC scrub function? Does that mean I just upload my list to the dialer and not have to worry at all about what numbers come up? Does it mean that it will still scrub numbers OUTSIDE of the 5 areas that I subscribed to when I got my SAN?

Depends on the dialer, but I believe most just buy out the national license and offer it as a value add for their customers.

Extremely great help, thank you very much for taking the time to post.

So on that basis would I be ok to use Skype (I'm in the UK so I'd get a US number and subscription plan which together is like £10 or something) and just call that way?

I think I read somewhere that to also be compliant I have to provide a number that customers can call me back on? I don't really want to be receiving inbound calls to be honest so not sure if I can still use Skype or not or would I need to purchase 2 numbers, maybe one to dial out and then the second number which is what number I display as?

Also how much is Dynamicic I'm not sure which product you're referring to I found one but it says minimum 5 users?

Thanks Josh.

Latest posts

Back