Best Cold Call Ever

What's interesting is even though Frank says he wasn't using a script, he definitely does. He just does it well.

If you watch a few of the calls, he goes through almost exactly the same spiel everytime. He goes through the same objections as well. This is definitely a well rehearsed script, though he doesn't read it verbatim. He's just very comfortable with it.

That said, he is aggressive, but he has a well practiced calling approach. He doesn't give much on the call, other than drive an appointment. Pretty much a one track mind.

Dan

Dan is right he uses the same script each time. It just doesn't sound like a Script.

Dan is right he uses the same script each time. It just doesn't sound like a Script.

Frank Statsny Jr. :twitchy:

Nothing wrong with using a script as long as it doesn't sound like one. I usually start out with scripts and then turn it into an outline. When I was in school to be a minister (preacher) we wrote everything out word for word but when on the Pulpit we had already turned it into an outline after a while. Of course the Sermon would change unlike selling insurance.

Deric Lipski is pretty amazing!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Frank Statsny Jr. :twitchy:

Nothing wrong with using a script as long as it doesn't sound like one. I usually start out with scripts and then turn it into an outline. When I was in school to be a minister (preacher) we wrote everything out word for word but when on the Pulpit we had already turned it into an outline after a while. Of course the Sermon would change unlike selling insurance.

Where did you go to school?

Last edited:
This is a staged call. No question about it...

If this doesn't sound like every single role-playing thing I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, I'm crazy.

There is NO WAY this is a live call. Not a chance. Zip, zero, nada.

Derec is a decent talker, but nothing special, IMO.

Do you guys think this is an actual live call? I think there would be confidentiality issues if this guy were cold called and then have this whole conversation posted on youtube.

Even if not staged, its not the 'normal' call. Most people would hang up on him long before they give in.

That said, it is very true that people selling their home usually want to sell their home. When it didn't happen, they get very frustrated, but still usually need to sell. Doesn't exactly translate to insurance though. A bit of persistence on a call is good. To much persistence will make you waste time on a prospect who isn't a real prospect.

Dan

Back