Best Cold Call Ever

I watched several of them and each time the agent engaged the prospect in a casual conversation. The agents weren't using a "script", they weren't in a hurry to blow through the call. They even put their finger in the hole and turned the wheel.

Their voices were calm and soothing, no hype. They made it sound like a typical call they would have with a friend. Two of the ones I watched were both around a nine minute call. The agent didn't hang up as soon as the prospect said they weren't interested. How many insurance agents do you think would stay on the phone for nine minutes with a prospect or know how to keep them on the phone after they hear the words "I'm not interested"?

The agents were obviously experts and extremely knowledgeable about the products/services they were selling. None of them stuttered, paused, nor sounded like they were making it up as they go along.

I'll bet money that none of them set "goals" for themselves based on the number of calls they make per hour. In my mind that is counter productive. It shifts the focus from making money to simply making calls.

All of them made the initial phone call themselves. They didn't have a "telemarketer" make that initial phone call. I hear agents saying all the time, "My time is too valuable to cold call". Apparently their time isn't that "valuable" since they are making that initial cold call themselves.

How does that work? There time, according to some agents, apparently isn't "valuable" since they are doing their own calling yet they are well into and probably beyond a six figure income.

I've said it over and over, cold calling is a learned, well-practiced art. It doesn't come naturally and it isn't going to work by simply calling and reading a "script". Everyone of them had a telephone "presentation" geared to engage the prospect in a casual, relaxed conversation.

Agents don't like cold calling and claim it doesn't work because they don't know how to do it successfully. It's just as simple as that.

Cold calling has been very successful for me and I find it to be the easiest, simplest, most productive and cost effective way of getting new clients.
These Realtors use scripts. they memorize them and their objections as well. He is demonstrating the training he has had. he is no "natural". He is scripted. that is what professionals do

These Realtors use scripts. they memorize them and their objections as well. He is demonstrating the training he has had. he is no "natural". He is scripted. that is what professionals do

The mark and the beauty of a professional using a script is they sound so unscripted.. :yes:

Scripts are a guide. In the mortgage world, a 1003 mortgage application looked scary ... but our friendly script rearranged all the tough questions to be included in conversation. Eventually, all of our telemarketers sounded like pros. Eventually... none of the telemarketers were reading the scripts anymore because it came natural to them. Scripts are just the beginning.

Scripts are a guide. In the mortgage world, a 1003 mortgage application looked scary ... but our friendly script rearranged all the tough questions to be included in conversation. Eventually, all of our telemarketers sounded like pros. Eventually... none of the telemarketers were reading the scripts anymore because it came natural to them. Scripts are just the beginning.

A pro doesn't read a script.. A pro has the script memorized.. That is the reason they can make it sound so natural.

Re listing an expired is not that tough. BTW....even if he relist the property...the seller may still need a certain amount of money to BREAK-EVEN and sell. Only when the property closes does the Realtor make money. Derick is selling courses...not RE.

Selling Life Insurance is tougher...way tougher.

Lets see and hear some life-insurance sales COLD CALLS. We are selling Insurance...not real-estate.

Last edited:
Back