Best Cold Call Ever

Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum

Reply to Best Cold Call Ever     
Old 11-18-2011, 05:28 AM   #1
Guru
Rearden on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Rearden is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Rearden is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Best Cold Call Ever Best Cold Call Ever
Deric Lipski vs a Really tough Expired Listing Cold Call LIVE!!! - YouTube
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Best Cold Call Ever
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Guru
Frank Stastny on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Frank Stastny is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Frank Stastny is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Best Cold Call Ever Re: Best Cold Call Ever
I watched several of them and each time the agent engaged the prospect in a casual conversation. The agents weren't using a "script", they weren't in a hurry to blow through the call. They even put their finger in the hole and turned the wheel.

Their voices were calm and soothing, no hype. They made it sound like a typical call they would have with a friend. Two of the ones I watched were both around a nine minute call. The agent didn't hang up as soon as the prospect said they weren't interested. How many insurance agents do you think would stay on the phone for nine minutes with a prospect or know how to keep them on the phone after they hear the words "I'm not interested"?

The agents were obviously experts and extremely knowledgeable about the products/services they were selling. None of them stuttered, paused, nor sounded like they were making it up as they go along.

I'll bet money that none of them set "goals" for themselves based on the number of calls they make per hour. In my mind that is counter productive. It shifts the focus from making money to simply making calls.

All of them made the initial phone call themselves. They didn't have a "telemarketer" make that initial phone call. I hear agents saying all the time, "My time is too valuable to cold call". Apparently their time isn't that "valuable" since they are making that initial cold call themselves.

How does that work? There time, according to some agents, apparently isn't "valuable" since they are doing their own calling yet they are well into and probably beyond a six figure income.

I've said it over and over, cold calling is a learned, well-practiced art. It doesn't come naturally and it isn't going to work by simply calling and reading a "script". Everyone of them had a telephone "presentation" geared to engage the prospect in a casual, relaxed conversation.

Agents don't like cold calling and claim it doesn't work because they don't know how to do it successfully. It's just as simple as that.

Cold calling has been very successful for me and I find it to be the easiest, simplest, most productive and cost effective way of getting new clients.

Professional Medicare Supplement Sales Training, Coaching, Support & Contracts.

"The Perfect Contact Management Program (CMP) for the Insurance Professional"
www.YourInsuranceOffice.com
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Guru
YouGotMyMoney on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: YouGotMyMoney is an Insurance Agent from Florida
YouGotMyMoney is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Great Video, he just wore his ass down to a nub, I guarantee he got the listing. Listen to how the mark (ahem...prospect) get on saying he wasn't going to list with him, it's like a girl saying she doesnt put out on the first date....sure u dont sweetheart....lol

He just needed to build that comfort and trust.

Yeah * Yeah * Call Me Steve-O
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Guru
Mark on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Mark is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Mark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club

Here is the code so it will embed on the forum.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Type the result for 11 x 3 I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
Guru

Originally Posted by YouGotMyMoney View Post
Great Video, he just wore his ass down to a nub, I guarantee he got the listing. Listen to how the mark (ahem...prospect) get on saying he wasn't going to list with him, it's like a girl saying she doesnt put out on the first date....sure u dont sweetheart....lol

He just needed to build that comfort and trust.
Almost every time I have set an appointment with a prospect and had the prospect tell me that they aren't going to take a policy I know that it is a slam dunk sale.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
Guru
Mark on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Mark is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Mark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
There is a lot that can be learned in that video.

The first big thing is that he never gave up.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
What's interesting is even though Frank says he wasn't using a script, he definitely does. He just does it well.

If you watch a few of the calls, he goes through almost exactly the same spiel everytime. He goes through the same objections as well. This is definitely a well rehearsed script, though he doesn't read it verbatim. He's just very comfortable with it.

That said, he is aggressive, but he has a well practiced calling approach. He doesn't give much on the call, other than drive an appointment. Pretty much a one track mind.

Dan
Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Guru
Franz Kafka on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Franz Kafka is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Franz Kafka is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
A great thread. I wish there were more of these kinds of discussions. You will notice that each time the caller repeats the suspect's answer or comment, the suspect gets more emotionally involved in the call:

- The suspect tries to run.

- The caller asks another question.

- The suspect answers showing some emotions.

- The callers repeats almost verbatim the answer.

- The suspect shows even more emotions (becoming more engaged in the call).

IMO each time you repeat their answers, they come one step closer.

Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzl4EEaNys
Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Guru

Originally Posted by djs View Post
What's interesting is even though Frank says he wasn't using a script, he definitely does. He just does it well.

If you watch a few of the calls, he goes through almost exactly the same spiel everytime. He goes through the same objections as well. This is definitely a well rehearsed script, though he doesn't read it verbatim. He's just very comfortable with it.

That said, he is aggressive, but he has a well practiced calling approach. He doesn't give much on the call, other than drive an appointment. Pretty much a one track mind.

Dan
I guess I should have been more clear. Yes, he is saying the "same thing" to each prospect but he isn't reading anything or making it sound like a "script". The word "script" has too many negative connotations in my mind.

Every agent is looking for a "script" as opposed to taking the to build a smooth, conversational presentation and become an expert on what they are selling.

How many agents do you think enter this market, get a "script" that someone says is successful, print it out, pick up the phone and start basically reading it? It is any wonder that agents say cold calling doesn't work and that there is such a huge turnover in this business?

That's why I said they are using a "telephone presentation". And yes, that is exactly what I do, it just sounds like I am saying it for the very first time and I know how to transition the phone call into a relaxed conversation.

I agree that he is very aggressive, however, I prefer to use the word "persistent", persistent in a way that the prospect is very comfortable with what he is saying.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Guru
Rearden on Best Cold Call Ever - Insurance Forum

State: Rearden is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Rearden is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Best Cold Call Ever Re: Best Cold Call Ever Rearden is the thread starter for: Best Cold Call Ever

You guys should see the video where the lady hangs up on him; he calls her right back and closes the appointment (and eventually the deal, too).
Reply to Best Cold Call Ever 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Cold Calling Forum