Best Cold Call Ever

I watched several of them and each time the agent engaged the prospect in a casual conversation. The agents weren't using a "script", they weren't in a hurry to blow through the call. They even put their finger in the hole and turned the wheel.

Their voices were calm and soothing, no hype. They made it sound like a typical call they would have with a friend. Two of the ones I watched were both around a nine minute call. The agent didn't hang up as soon as the prospect said they weren't interested. How many insurance agents do you think would stay on the phone for nine minutes with a prospect or know how to keep them on the phone after they hear the words "I'm not interested"?

The agents were obviously experts and extremely knowledgeable about the products/services they were selling. None of them stuttered, paused, nor sounded like they were making it up as they go along.

I'll bet money that none of them set "goals" for themselves based on the number of calls they make per hour. In my mind that is counter productive. It shifts the focus from making money to simply making calls.

All of them made the initial phone call themselves. They didn't have a "telemarketer" make that initial phone call. I hear agents saying all the time, "My time is too valuable to cold call". Apparently their time isn't that "valuable" since they are making that initial cold call themselves.

How does that work? There time, according to some agents, apparently isn't "valuable" since they are doing their own calling yet they are well into and probably beyond a six figure income.

I've said it over and over, cold calling is a learned, well-practiced art. It doesn't come naturally and it isn't going to work by simply calling and reading a "script". Everyone of them had a telephone "presentation" geared to engage the prospect in a casual, relaxed conversation.

Agents don't like cold calling and claim it doesn't work because they don't know how to do it successfully. It's just as simple as that.

Cold calling has been very successful for me and I find it to be the easiest, simplest, most productive and cost effective way of getting new clients.

Great Video, he just wore his ass down to a nub, I guarantee he got the listing. Listen to how the mark (ahem...prospect) get on saying he wasn't going to list with him, it's like a girl saying she doesnt put out on the first date....sure u dont sweetheart....lol

He just needed to build that comfort and trust.

Great Video, he just wore his ass down to a nub, I guarantee he got the listing. Listen to how the mark (ahem...prospect) get on saying he wasn't going to list with him, it's like a girl saying she doesnt put out on the first date....sure u dont sweetheart....lol

He just needed to build that comfort and trust.

Almost every time I have set an appointment with a prospect and had the prospect tell me that they aren't going to take a policy I know that it is a slam dunk sale.

There is a lot that can be learned in that video.

The first big thing is that he never gave up.

What's interesting is even though Frank says he wasn't using a script, he definitely does. He just does it well.

If you watch a few of the calls, he goes through almost exactly the same spiel everytime. He goes through the same objections as well. This is definitely a well rehearsed script, though he doesn't read it verbatim. He's just very comfortable with it.

That said, he is aggressive, but he has a well practiced calling approach. He doesn't give much on the call, other than drive an appointment. Pretty much a one track mind.

Dan

A great thread. I wish there were more of these kinds of discussions. You will notice that each time the caller repeats the suspect's answer or comment, the suspect gets more emotionally involved in the call:

- The suspect tries to run.

- The caller asks another question.

- The suspect answers showing some emotions.

- The callers repeats almost verbatim the answer.

- The suspect shows even more emotions (becoming more engaged in the call).

IMO each time you repeat their answers, they come one step closer.

What's interesting is even though Frank says he wasn't using a script, he definitely does. He just does it well.

If you watch a few of the calls, he goes through almost exactly the same spiel everytime. He goes through the same objections as well. This is definitely a well rehearsed script, though he doesn't read it verbatim. He's just very comfortable with it.

That said, he is aggressive, but he has a well practiced calling approach. He doesn't give much on the call, other than drive an appointment. Pretty much a one track mind.

Dan

I guess I should have been more clear. Yes, he is saying the "same thing" to each prospect but he isn't reading anything or making it sound like a "script". The word "script" has too many negative connotations in my mind.

Every agent is looking for a "script" as opposed to taking the to build a smooth, conversational presentation and become an expert on what they are selling.

How many agents do you think enter this market, get a "script" that someone says is successful, print it out, pick up the phone and start basically reading it? It is any wonder that agents say cold calling doesn't work and that there is such a huge turnover in this business?

That's why I said they are using a "telephone presentation". And yes, that is exactly what I do, it just sounds like I am saying it for the very first time and I know how to transition the phone call into a relaxed conversation.

I agree that he is very aggressive, however, I prefer to use the word "persistent", persistent in a way that the prospect is very comfortable with what he is saying.

Back