Best for Cold Calling-landline or Cell Phone?

Just a question I have-is it better to do cold calling with a cell phone or with a regular telephone? I'm living with someone who is looking to add the home phone to the DNC list, so I'll either need to get a separate phone line or a cell phone? Let me know which is best.

Landline, landline, landline.
Okay, just in case... cell phones have 2 inherent problems, one is the frequency response, even on a good connection, will never sound great, or even as good as a landline.

The second is that it is a cell phone and has inherent dropouts and delays in audio.

Cell phones have a purpose, but cold calling isn't one of them. You will add an additional handicap to an already tough business.

Dan

I do all my dialing from my cell. The quality of the phone itself makes a big difference, landline or cell. For cell make sure your signal is strong in the area you will be sitting.

I do all my dialing from my cell. The quality of the phone itself makes a big difference, landline or cell. For cell make sure your signal is strong in the area you will be sitting.

I advise you to listen to djs, his advice is solid.

I can ALWAYS tell when my friends call me from their black berries vs landline or even voip. If you want a cheap option use voip like google voice through the gmail web email chat option .

I have used regular landline, VOIP,& cell, but have yet to use the gmail feature (good idea though) and have found that it really doesn't matter which way you work it - the return is the same. Just pick it up and start smiling and dialing!!! Oh and keep up with your numbers while cold calling!! EX: how many contacts (people you talk to) / appointments / presentations / Annual premium each week and you will figure out how much each "NO" was worth. I have been doing this for 7 years and it lets me know where I am going.

Commercial voip service would be my recommendation. Call quality will be fine if you have a good internet connection and you can take your number with you. You can also determine what your caller ID says.

Putting the number on the DNC will have nothing to do with using the line for dialing, however you'll want to have your own number as people will be calling you back, leaving messages, etc.

I find landlines work best....cell phones show up on caller ID a lot of times as "unavailable"....land lines have your name show up on caller ID and seniors seem to answer those more often.

Back