Best Hours to Cold Call for Life

Why are you trying to cold-call a demographic that is increasingly going wireless, has caller-ID, probably enrolled in the DNC, and won't pick up the phone unless they recognize the number?

For that reason alone, it's far easier to show up in person and introduce yourself.

Which method will you thinks is best in this area or is better to change the area at once?
I had sent a lot of email first before calling, but I haven't had much success at this time.

Hi DHK, I'm new as well and looking to get started in the industry. I have life and health and I'm in San Diego. I work with Penn Mutual but I can broker through Ash Brokerage. I have been reading a lot on the forums and seems like cold calling or door to door are the best for ROI. I was wondering, what is the best way to decide upon an area to start door knocking? Are there certain parameters to evaluate for?

I would also appreciate any other info anyone has for door to door knocking, such as suggested scripts, should I bring little "Hello!" baskets with chocolates around and introduce myself as the neighborhood insurance person (too cheesy?)? Anyway any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My goal as of now is to sell permanent and term life insurance. I probably will not have my securities licenses until early 2018.

Thank you

Hi DHK, I'm new as well and looking to get started in the industry. I have life and health and I'm in San Diego. I work with Penn Mutual but I can broker through Ash Brokerage. I have been reading a lot on the forums and seems like cold calling or door to door are the best for ROI. I was wondering, what is the best way to decide upon an area to start door knocking? Are there certain parameters to evaluate for?

Don't over-complicate it.

Start 8:15 in the video.

I would also appreciate any other info anyone has for door to door knocking, such as suggested scripts, should I bring little "Hello!" baskets with chocolates around and introduce myself as the neighborhood insurance person (too cheesy?)? Anyway any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My goal as of now is to sell permanent and term life insurance. I probably will not have my securities licenses until early 2018.

No, you don't need any "baskets with chocolates"... unless you're only peddling products. If you are helping people to solve their problems, then you present yourself as a professional and introduce the services you offer... which are the problems you help people solve.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using the phone for prospecting, get a triple line dialer and call 8-8. As my mentor says, call until your butt falls off, and then find a new way to sit. If you're knocking, same thing. Use a golf ball once the skin on your knuckles starts to peel.

----------

And no matter what, end every attempt with, "Well, when the time is right, I'd love to be of assistance. Can I add you to my newsletter until the time is right?"

----------

If you're using the phone for prospecting, get a triple line dialer and call 8-8. As my mentor says, call until your butt falls off, and then find a new way to sit. If you're knocking, same thing. Use a golf ball once the skin on your knuckles starts to peel.

----------

And no matter what, end every attempt with, "Well, when the time is right, I'd love to be of assistance. Can I add you to my newsletter until the time is right?"

It works 100% of the time, as it disqualifies crappy prospects

As a rule, the golden hours is 6 in the evening up to around 8 in the evening. From my experience, that's the best hours to call. But I also have the best day to cold call, and that's Sunday (in the evening as well). A lot of prospects are at home and they are more open to spending some time over the phone.

Back