Best Hours to Cold Call for Life

What age demographic are you trying to reach? If it's anything under 65 or so you may not be reaching because they are working.

Unemployment is about 4% right now if you believe the numbers and even if you don't,
I can say firsthand it is tough to find decent candidates for jobs.

I said that to tell you that most people who can work or want to work are working and 9-2 you just are not going to reach a lot of folks.

Take that Life Ins Lic and go meet some small business owners with 2+ kids and help them out. At night you will reach more folks from 6pm-8pm but I gotta tell you, Life over the phone, much better off door knocking a middle class neighborhood.

Good Luck

I'm trying to reach from 55 to 41, middle class salary from >70 to 250,000
Married, house owner.

----------

Rick, Canvassing to business owner is quite hard here in Florida even worst now with this heat, one spent so much time and have a lot of rejection. I did it for 4 years. Selling over the phone and doing mailing seems a better way.
But, you can not canvass the whole country.
I will try.

I'm trying to reach from 55 to 41, middle class salary from >70 to 250,000
Married, house owner.

----------

Rick, Canvassing to business owner is quite hard here in Florida even worst now with this heat, one spent so much time and have a lot of rejection. I did it for 4 years. Selling over the phone and doing mailing seems a better way.
But, you can not canvass the whole country.
I will try.

Those people are generally not home from 9 - 2 during the week, assuming they would even answer if they were. The vast majority work 9-5 or longer, just like you. Sure, some are shift workers, emergency services, medical, etc. but most in that range are still working salary jobs: Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.

Why are you trying to cold-call a demographic that is increasingly going wireless, has caller-ID, probably enrolled in the DNC, and won't pick up the phone unless they recognize the number?

For that reason alone, it's far easier to show up in person and introduce yourself.

And do you get alot of call backs after hours? When we were calling for med sups we would call 1000 #'s a day and a lot wouldn't answer but you would get a lot of the 'caller ID checkers" who call back later in the day to see it was

Why are you trying to cold-call a demographic that is increasingly going wireless, has caller-ID, probably enrolled in the DNC, and won't pick up the phone unless they recognize the number?

For that reason alone, it's far easier to show up in person and introduce yourself.

Still going to be just as bad from 9-2, M-F.

You better be hitting them from 6-8, dinner hour. Or Saturday or Sunday from around 10-2. Of course, most still won't give you a warm reception. But if you can handle the rejection, you could have some success.

I love your posts, always stay true to who you are and the reality of who and where we are at. It's painful but as someone who thinks of themselves as a cold call cowboy it really is difficult when out of 50-100 calls you might get 2-3 people who pick up.

Show up in the Florida heat n humidty...gross. Maybe showing up at the door sweaty is what they want to see. When I owned a home in Miami, I was not nice to people walking up on my property. But I admit that I tend to be in the 10-15% of whatever box I fall into, I'm rarely on the side of the 85%, it probably works a huge chunk of the time, knocking on doors I mean.

If you're only approaching the homes that have cars or other activity in them during the day, you'll have a better knock/reach ratio. True - you won't speak to as many people, but you'll have conversations.

Not "EVERYONE" is at work, every day - but a good majority would be. Some people have days off, vacation days, home with sick kids, a stay-at-home spouse for a one-income household, retired people, work graveyard shifts, etc., and then you have disabled, unemployed, and/or college students.

Back