Calls, Calls, Calls...help!!!

Gcab1000

So I am with a captive Farmer's agency, we have been struggling to get into contact with leads/cold calls. The advice we have been given is to call the person 5 to 8 times a day for the first week.

Is that too much? Personally I think its crazy, because if I were the customer I would be pissed. I am conflicted.

IMO, that's WAY too much, considering today's technology of caller ID, etc.

The only possible exception could be businesses because they have to answer the phone regardless of who is calling that you wouldn't have to call 5-8 times per day.

I would call people 4x TOTAL: morning, afternoon, evening, Saturdays. After that, toss the lead and move on. If the lead is someone "influential" or something like that, develop a list of people you'd like to be introduced to, and use it with your new clients to ask if they know anyone on the list. Then ask permission to have them help you contact them.

The only possible exception could be businesses because they have to answer the phone regardless of who is calling that you wouldn't have to call 5-8 times per day.

I would call people 4x TOTAL: morning, afternoon, evening, Saturdays. After that, toss the lead and move on. If the lead is someone "influential" or something like that, develop a list of people you'd like to be introduced to, and use it with your new clients to ask if they know anyone on the list. Then ask permission to have them help you contact them.

I have to agree here, 5 - 8 times a day is insane!!! I would do it like this gentleman said but two rounds. Also, check the age of the leads your are working. People that work are exceptionally hard to reach because of the time frame you have to reach them in. I find Saturdays starting around 9 AM for a few hours is my best contact range for the working people.. Also start your calls at 8 or 8:30 AM I find you can catch some people before they leave the house especially the older group.. they are up but have not left the house yet :)

Are your leads telling you how much they're currently paying?

They need to be.

Then just focus on the ones you know you can save them money.

And yes, pursue THOSE leads relentlessly!

Maybe not 5 calls a day, but definitely mail out that proposal, email or text after a few call attempts.

There is a great nugget of wisdom in ShotGunEnergy's reply:

If the lead is someone "influential" or something like that, develop a list of people you'd like to be introduced to, and use it with your new clients to ask if they know anyone on the list. Then ask permission to have them help you contact them.

Constantly building a list of "target ideal clients" is an exercise in self-generation of leads that is under your control. Then finding ways to "warm the lead," such as referrals or alternate media contact, is the logical next step...depending on value, this process might go on for months.

I don't agree with the advice to only care about leads that care about price. Pure price shoppers never offer the possibility of creating the long-term relationships that eventually allow you to quit cold calling and work for up-sell, cross-sell and referrals.

I don't agree with the advice to only care about leads that care about price. Pure price shoppers never offer the possibility of creating the long-term relationships that eventually allow you to quit cold calling and work for up-sell, cross-sell and referrals.

"Same Coverage or Better For a Much Lower Rate" has been the best clincher to get someone to agree to a quote, when cold calling/canvassing than anything other pitch I've tried. 2-3 leads per hr. guaranteed all day, everyday!

"Same Coverage or Better For a Much Lower Rate" has been the best clincher to get someone to agree to a quote, when cold calling/canvassing than anything other pitch I've tried. 2-3 leads per hr. guaranteed all day, everyday!

There's no doubt this approach works. In effect, GEICO has used it for 15 years or so, unrelentingly. "15 minutes could save you 15%... etc."

What if we add this value to your "Same coverage or better for a much lower rate..." ..."and I become my clients' friend in the insurance industry for those tough times when service is far more important than price."

Yeah, I figured it was too much, the trainer is wanting me to call so much and I looked at him like "what did you say?" LOL

----------

I have to agree here, 5 - 8 times a day is insane!!! I would do it like this gentleman said but two rounds. Also, check the age of the leads your are working. People that work are exceptionally hard to reach because of the time frame you have to reach them in. I find Saturdays starting around 9 AM for a few hours is my best contact range for the working people.. Also start your calls at 8 or 8:30 AM I find you can catch some people before they leave the house especially the older group.. they are up but have not left the house yet :)
Yeah, Saturday mornings have been beneficial, and I also agree on the two rounds. I usually try to keep a two week smp with people. Thanks for the reply

----------

Are your leads telling you how much they're currently paying?

They need to be.

Then just focus on the ones you know you can save them money.

And yes, pursue THOSE leads relentlessly!

Maybe not 5 calls a day, but definitely mail out that proposal, email or text after a few call attempts.
Yeah, they are paid leads from the sources we all use. I think they are decent, but with everyone calling them, they get so pissed.

Yeah, I figured it was too much, the trainer is wanting me to call so much and I looked at him like "what did you say?" LOL

----------

Yeah, Saturday mornings have been beneficial, and I also agree on the two rounds. I usually try to keep a two week smp with people. Thanks for the reply

----------

Yeah, they are paid leads from the sources we all use. I think they are decent, but with everyone calling them, they get so pissed.
How much would you pay for canvassed (D2D) home and auto leads that were 100% exclusive to you?

Back