Cold Call With Dialer?

Few questions for the guys or gals out there that cold call P&C, homeowners to be specific with a dialer; Preview or Predictive. I would most likely be using a Preview dialer.

Do any of you call wireless numbers that are not on the DNC?

Do you use your primary business number as the visible number to the consumers id or a google number?

Anyone have any insight please comment on how you go about this even if you call B2B only with a dialer do you still have you main number displayed? I only have one phone number for my business at the moment and if I do a bunch of calls with a dialer I dont really want people to blow up my phone saying they missed a call etc.

Preview is the easiest way to limit your TCPA compliance exposure. There is a company that offers both and allows you to scrub cell phones at the dialer level, but very few do this.

Per the TCPA you are required to display a phone number you can be reached at. You could use something as simple as vitelity.com or similar service to basically set up a voicemail; very in expensive and relatively easy to set up. You're 100% right, you do not want a bunch of people seeing that number on the caller ID.

Hope that helps!

You're supposed to scrub for mobile, especially with a predictive dialer for B2C.

That delay when they pick up is unmistakable if you're dialing more than one line at a time.

You may be better off just manually dialing urban areas.

Mobile numbers are a blessing because you can send them a follow up text, which is the way people communicate in 2017!

Much higher reponse rates than email!

You're supposed to scrub for mobile, especially with a predictive dialer for B2C.

That delay when they pick up is unmistakable if you're dialing more than one line at a time.

You may be better off just manually dialing urban areas.

Mobile numbers are a blessing because you can send them a follow up text, which is the way people communicate in 2017!

Much higher reponse rates than email!

I plan to use a preview dialer which will only dial 1 line at a time and I have to click dial each time to call each contact number. Essentially the same as calling from a landline. So after I scrub im thinking I would be ok to call mobile numbers.

But then just wondering if people display their main business number when they use a dialer even if they dont call mobile numbers.

Do you send a text even if they dont pick up or are you saying after you speak with them and they say send me something?

----------

Preview is the easiest way to limit your TCPA compliance exposure. There is a company that offers both and allows you to scrub cell phones at the dialer level, but very few do this.

Per the TCPA you are required to display a phone number you can be reached at. You could use something as simple as vitelity.com or similar service to basically set up a voicemail; very in expensive and relatively easy to set up. You're 100% right, you do not want a bunch of people seeing that number on the caller ID.

Hope that helps!

That's what I'm thinking set up a google voice number or second number that goes to voicemail and if they call back they can leave a message and I can call them back. I'm assuming this is what people do...

Last edited:
Dont send sms texts unless you have permission imo...

It's also a TCPA violation. If you're going to text someone, I'd strongly recommend shooting them an email first and asking for permission then waiting til you have it. It is illegal to send unsolicited text messages.

We make thousands of calls a day, not even cold calling, but calling people that showed interest in our product, and our compliance attorney has made it very clear: DO NOT CALL CELL PHONES WITH ANY AUTOMATION, EVER.

If you're going to dial cell phones, scrub against the DNC, and dial by hand where you physically have to push digits and get them on the phone.

Im sure this is overly cautious, but ONE mistake, and youre potentially out of business.

We make thousands of calls a day, not even cold calling, but calling people that showed interest in our product, and our compliance attorney has made it very clear: DO NOT CALL CELL PHONES WITH ANY AUTOMATION, EVER.

If you're going to dial cell phones, scrub against the DNC, and dial by hand where you physically have to push digits and get them on the phone.

Im sure this is overly cautious, but ONE mistake, and youre potentially out of business.

So do you just call all your numbers by hand?

Also, what about B2B if you use a preview dialer you only have to scrub against DNC not wireless right? I mean Ive done some research but just wondering what others think as everyone interprets the wording of the rules differently it seems.

----------

It's also a TCPA violation. If you're going to text someone, I'd strongly recommend shooting them an email first and asking for permission then waiting til you have it. It is illegal to send unsolicited text messages.

I thought this might be the case. Thank you

Last edited:
If you're calling mobile numbers, you have to scrub against the DNC first. We then dial the number by hand. It's also a violation to send SMS texts without their permission. It's better to just email them if ever.

Back