Cold Call Pitch. Opinions??

Wow, that is really good stuff.

What is your value proposition? Why would someone want to meet with you? Just because YOU say they need to have their policy reviewed every year???

Also... drop the "I'll be honest" line. That instinctively means that you're not honest the rest of the time, unless you say that.

As for asking the appointment, I usually ask if mornings or afternoons work better, rather than suggesting two different days.

However, with all that said, this is what happens when you introduce yourself as a life insurance agent. You have positioned yourself as a policy salesman and you don't have anywhere else to go with it.

People buy based on emotion and justify their decisions on logic. So far, you haven't evoked an emotional response or reason for them to meet with you for any reason.

You need to take the emphasis off of their current policy (or policies) and onto a reason for them to want to meet with you.

Unfortunately, I don't know your training and background. I can't just "give" you a line that I use... primarily because I take a holistic, almost 'financial planning' approach to my contacts. Unless you have in-depth training like that, it may not work for you.

But here's the idea: Your job is to sell 'peace of mind'. If a prospect feels that you can help enhance their peace of mind, they may choose to meet with you and experience the kind of work you do.

Here's what I say and do: "Hello X? My name is DHK. I'm a Lifetime Wealth & Retirement Manager here in (city). Do you have a quick minute to talk? (Or... Is this a good time to talk for a quick minute?)"

"I manage the finances for a few families here in town, and thought I might reach out to some of my neighbors. And so I'm reaching out (or I'm out and about) asking this: "On a scale of 1 to 10... where a 10 is absolute perfection... and a 1 is a train-wreck disaster... how would you rank your overall financial situation today?"

If they say a "10"... they're blowing you off. Just ask if they can think of any way you can be of help. They'll probably say 'no'... so thank them for their time. Move on.

If they say 1-4... there may be some serious issues and they may not be a good prospect. Ask a few questions, but they'll probably not be the idea prospect for you right now.

If they say 5-9... that's the 'sweet spot'... because things are okay, but they would like some improvements.

"If you had a realistic magic wand... and could turn your situation into a '10'... what would you like to see changed?"

Make sure you're actually LISTENING... and if they mention some of the things where you can help, say so in a question like this:

"If I could help you to reduce or eliminate your debts, fund college educations for your children, get the life insurance you need to protect your family, pay off your home 5 to 10 years early, and have the retirement of your dreams... would it be worth sitting down and talking about?"

Now set up a good time to meet.

You can also add something to the effect of: "Just to let you know a little about how I work: During this first meeting, I won't be asking you to buy anything. We'll simply be talking and I'll be asking you a few questions about your situation, and you can judge me and my work for yourself."

Let me ask you this: After reading this, have I evoked an emotional response? Does it matter if you have other advisors or other policies? I'm talking about a process and a methodology of helping the client with ALL their financial goals... not just to 'evaluate their policy'.

To get some training on how you can accomplish the above for your prospects & clients, I recommend the training and resources from Insurance Pro Shop.

Jim Ruta success sentence:

"Has anyone reviewed your life insurance policies lately?"

Policy Service Review = uncommon. The idea is finding value for money.

Back