Cold Call Script For Annuities - Feedback Requested

TODAY'S 750 DIAL RESULTS: (New Record!)

501 answering machines (no message left)
142 numbers no good
Total for no contact made = 643 (86%)

Total contacts made = 107 out of which...
87 not interested (81%)
19 interested in getting info (18%)
3 people need to call back

I feel like...:goofy::1confused::goofy: right now. Can't post any lessons learned today because my brain is melted and I need to get a bunch of letters prepared. No way I am going to make those in the mail by 8. THey will have to wait til Monday. Peace. Time to go home and
:SLEEP:

86% of his efforts were wasted, and his numbers are looking "better"? Really?

First off I don't think you should be allowed in cold calling forums...you might get banned;-) lol

He has been hovering around the 80's, he can't escape that fact, so looking at his new angle of wanting to develop warmer lead base that he can wave market to I saw he accomplished WAY more today calling, look how many send me info's he got. Thats a tremendous increase for him, especially for the number of days he's been at it.

Thank you for playing

TODAY'S 750 DIAL RESULTS: (New Record!)

501 answering machines (no message left)
142 numbers no good
Total for no contact made = 643 (86%)

Total contacts made = 107 out of which...
87 not interested (81%)
19 interested in getting info (18%)
3 people need to call back

I feel like...:goofy::1confused::goofy: right now. Can't post any lessons learned today because my brain is melted and I need to get a bunch of letters prepared. No way I am going to make those in the mail by 8. THey will have to wait til Monday. Peace. Time to go home and
:SLEEP:

If the people are interested in more info then you should either set an appt or sell it over the phone. Sending them info usually accomplishes nothing.

There are a number of dialers out there, but I'm not familiar with all of them. I'll answer the below based on my dialer since that's the one I know best.

No. I am not using a dialer. Here's why with some questions...

1. Caller ID. I think that when people see a completely strange number, they are more likely to not pick-up. When I call from my office, my business name shows up and they can decide whether to pick-up or not based off that. Can dialers be programmed to show your business name? My guess is that they can.

You can absolutely set it up to broadcast any number you'd like.

2. Pause Time. My understanding is that when the dialer gets a live person that it transfers the call over and there is a second or two pause before I can talk. Most people know that it is a dialer then and their first impression of you is that you are just dialing for dollars.

That can be completely avoided. Often times that's the result of either old hardware or a delay as the result of having the dial ratio set to high. If you keep your dial ratio adjusted correctly it should never happen.

3. Logging. I keep track of all my calls in an excel spreadsheet. I know exactly who I have dialed, timeframe, date, result, and it literally takes me absolutely no time to track as I do it during the call or immediately afterwards. The only thing I don't document until I am completely done with calling is my notes for people that are interested in getting information. I write notes during the call and then after I am done calling, I go back into my spreadsheet to document them. This allows me to just keep calling without stopping. My concern with the dialer is that I would somewhat lose control over this system of who is being dialed and when and how many times they are being dialed.

You'd be surprised how much time you spend doing what you're referring to as "absolutely no time to track". With my dialer system it logs every time you called a lead and let's you have the notes right in there. You can even setup custom fields to track things specific to what you're interested in logging, such as what insurance they're currently with or things of that nature.

4. Cost. Obviously cost is another factor. I understand that dialers are relatively inexpensive (100-150/month, correct?), but if I am able to do this on my own and I am able to get through pretty heavy volumes by myself, plus the above concerns, I really don't see the need.

You certainly are making a lot of calls, but you'd easily be making more with a dialer. You can comfortably presume you'll make at least double the amount of calls using a dialer vs your current setup. For any number of reasons you may prefer your current system, but a dialer would let you make more contacts in less time without losing out on the quality of what you're currently doing.

If you have any questions about dialers feel free to let me know. You (or anyone else for that matter) can shoot me an email, [email protected].

Last I checked, there is no comp on "send me info". The majority of them are a polite "no".

Again, this is why your advice is rarely sought on these forums, you project your ideas of success on the op's marketing strategy (I like to kid with you P).

It was HE that is measuring his terms of success over building a warmer list. If I am not correct you have had in house staff cold call to develop lists....why can't he do it? Is it because he' doing this himself instead of "spending" his time on more "worthy" actions and just outsource this necessary action.

I myself have paid a tm to develop my lists (now I know who around me has a FE plan already).

Always fun to joust with you MM but maybe in the future instead of attacking his ideas or strategies (he wants to develop send me info's) you should give him some interesting things to say for his opener, I have seen you give gems (albeit sparingly...) but must you make it known your ideals before giving freely of your wisdom??

When I started out and was to go to to BtoB it was touted as a "complete waste of time" by my management.

But I got one client (as defined as a policy where I received commission) per 4 hours of BtoB. At 30 businesses per hour that's 1 client per 120 or a 99.02% "no" rate.

Waste of time? At $600 per policy average commission it was $600 for 4 hours of "work." Waste of time? That's up to the individual agent.

Back