Cold Calling to Business Owners

Great thread...
..ive been hammering the phone the past week and a half.

the thing that I struggle with is...the value add during the cold call.

You only have a few seconds to get your pitch out.

The hardest group to crack are those that flat out say "not interested"...and also the ones that tell you how they already have an agent.

I really dont know how to navigate around those objections.

What does Joe Blow business owner care about when it comes to insurance?
Sure...you can sell service during the f2f meeting...but over the phone?

"Not interested" is not an objection. It's an answer in response to your verbal offering.

As far as "I already have an agent", I don't know how to really solve that one for P&C agents selling commercial insurance.

"What's in it for me?" for the business owner? Since we sell insurance, and insurance is a SOLUTION for a potential financial PROBLEM (not just required for regulators or lenders, etc.)... I'd explore how secure they feel in the event of a financial problem should occur.

What's more important - having a low-price insurance solution, or being able to keep the doors open to their business in the event of a covered risk?

Just my thoughts.

So what I am gathering from this thread is that phone work is better than in person approaches?
I am selling supplemental and just looking to set up meetings not to sell on first approach. Struggling with being more comfortable on phone and uncomfortable in person. In previous job I was the decision maker and my gate keeper knew to keep them away! Feel like others have more success with in person approaches.
I have two main questions: How can I increase my dials? Is it needed to work on my weakness of in person approaches or work on "strength" and get better on phone?

"Not interested" is not an objection. It's an answer in response to your verbal offering.

As far as "I already have an agent", I don't know how to really solve that one for P&C agents selling commercial insurance.

"What's in it for me?" for the business owner? Since we sell insurance, and insurance is a SOLUTION for a potential financial PROBLEM (not just required for regulators or lenders, etc.)... I'd explore how secure they feel in the event of a financial problem should occur.

What's more important - having a low-price insurance solution, or being able to keep the doors open to their business in the event of a covered risk?

Just my thoughts.
"not interested" a lot of times is just a reflex reply.
Its used to brush off sales people.

The classic example is when you walk into a clothing store looking for something...a sales person ask "can I help you?" and you say "just looking".

Of course some people are really not interested...but a good sales person can get by it.

Im just not at that point right now.

If you're tired of not interesteds being a reflex response, start going b2b.
Otherwise keep dialing to find the ones that exhibit timing or chemistry with.

b2b is all I do.

Im super new...so ive gotten not interested only a few times...
...but its out there.

The norm is "I already have an broker".

Great thread...
..ive been hammering the phone the past week and a half.

the thing that I struggle with is...the value add during the cold call.

You only have a few seconds to get your pitch out.

The hardest group to crack are those that flat out say "not interested"...and also the ones that tell you how they already have an agent.

I really dont know how to navigate around those objections.

What does Joe Blow business owner care about when it comes to insurance?
Sure...you can sell service during the f2f meeting...but over the phone?

Just for S&Gs let me try a couple of replies to this.

"Of course you're not Bill, I used to own a small moving company myself(pick an industry you know a lot about) and I would get a lot of phone calls. Most I dismissed but there were a few select individuals who demonstrated they were not like all the others. Much like I'm sure as a small business owner yourself, your product/service is unique or better than your competitors or you would not have started to begin with...when is a better time for me to drop by in person, shake hands with you, show you what some of the Carriers who want your business are offering so we can set you on a track to optimize your profits?"

Do not let your voice click up-tone at the end....in other words the last sentence isn't really a question. It is but you don't say it quick and in a high pitch voice, you do it like the Beastie Boys "Slow and Low" that is the tempo YAY!!!

----------

"100% of all Commercial Insurance is transacted thru a licensed agent so of course you have one. What I am proposing is you being able to see a better view of the marketplace by showing you 2-3 Carriers that are looking for you. They would call you themselves directly but that's not how Commercial Insurance works. When is a good time for me to meet you in person and show you how to maximize your profits for the upcoming year so you can plan ahead?"

Again the words "plan ahead" should not move from bass/baritone to soprano.

What currency do you take? Trinkets?

----------

Hi,

VCS, Virtual call services is located in Peru; we have years of experience in handling large volumes of incoming and outgoing telephone calls. Outsourcing the handling of these calls saves on staffing, office space, equipment and other overhead costs.

Our outbound call center services start with our call center agents who are trained in customer service and techniques to sell your product and professionally conduct your campaign. Our agents are continually being trained to ensure they are always operating to maximally benefit your business and your outbound campaign. With each call center account, our agents are trained about your business and your product so they can become a more efficient sales staff.

Let us help you place your commercial or personal line policies; we offer the very highest level of success for outbound telemarketing, appointment setting and customer acquisition.

We speak Native Spanish and English.

For more information, please contact me.
virtualcallservices..gmail.com

What currency do you take? Trinkets?:yes:

Back