Cold Calling Businesses

Jheilman

I want to cold call businesses that have existing group health Insurance with anywhere from 5-50 employees. I want to convince them to drop their group coverage and sign up their employees under Obamacare. Any ideas for a script?

If you have a JOB selling Obamacare... you should ask your manager for scripts.

Take a look at the Health Care Reform forum... and you'll see a general consensus of what we think of the "Affordable Healthcare Act".

Oh I'm sorry, I thought I was posting to a serious website, not reddit.com.

Reddit isn't serious? :)

I have a small biz health insurance script on www.FreeTelemarketingScripts.com. It's not geared towards the obamacare vs group products, but it's a script that gets you in the door to pitch whatever the solution is that you think would help them the most. If you call businesses and say "I'm calling you because I'm helping businesses save thousands of dollars on their health insurance and get better coverage, would you like to find out how I can help your company?", you're going to get some positive reactions.

Reddit isn't serious? :)

I have a small biz health insurance script on FreeTelemarketingScripts. It's not geared towards the obamacare vs group products, but it's a script that gets you in the door to pitch whatever the solution is that you think would help them the most. If you call businesses and say "I'm calling you because I'm helping businesses save thousands of dollars on their health insurance and get better coverage, would you like to find out how I can help your company?", you're going to get some positive reactions.

That's a pretty cool site! Thanks!

I want to cold call businesses that have existing group health Insurance with anywhere from 5-50 employees. I want to convince them to drop their group coverage and sign up their employees under Obamacare. Any ideas for a script?

What if thats not the best option for them? You leave the door open for another broker to come behind you and sell them what makes the most sense for their business. Unfortunately, a lot of salespeople sell this way. They sell based on what they want instead of what the client needs.

That's a good point. And it's not a good option for all businesses, but it's a really great option for some.

If it was me, I would call along these lines:

"I work with health insurance. The reason I called is I have spoken to a number of business owners lately who are confused about their health insurance options and they are looking for ways to keep their premiums affordable. Is that a concern of yours?"

If yes, "Tell me about what you are doing currently? " Find out and build a reason to get together.

Back